U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

9,774 posts, read 16,120,828 times

Advertisements

You'd better think twice about such!

Stealing is grounds for immediate dismissal with no benefits, including health insurance AND pension or other retirement benefits. You may gain a ream of paper and lose a pension!

Don't risk it so close to the end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM

837 posts, read 269,675 times
I had much of my own stuff in my office like lamps, pictures, etc and I gave them to whoever wanted them. Not stealing doesn’t have a thing to do with religion.

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM

11,072 posts, read 5,178,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The true character of a man is defined as what he does when nobody is looking.
Exactly!

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

17,646 posts, read 17,913,655 times
I donated at least $1,000 worth of children's books, educational materials, shelving units, organizer/storage boxes and a file cabinet, that I had purchased with my own money, to the teacher who replaced me (or to other new teachers who could use those things) when I retired.

BTW, yes, teachers had to buy their own file cabinets, shelving units and things like that if we wanted them for our classrooms. This was in a "nice", middle class, suburban public school district.

Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM

11,310 posts, read 8,814,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
My goodness! So many holier than thou comments in this thread.

Attention Moderator, move to Religion sub-forum.
Ethics and integrity are not isolated to religion. We all get to choose our actions. Those on this forum are not required to agree. Everyone gets a say.

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 4,947,675 times
I might be one of the luckiest people. I worked exactly where I loved work. Oh sure some days really sucked because it was involved with military duty. But even those suck times I loved it. I put 29 years with the army national guard with another 8 years of active duty on top of that. I left my heart, some blood, a batch of sweat, and way more tears than I would want to admit.

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

109 posts, read 115,057 times
No, sort of the opposite, since I was relocating. I hope the new teacher could use it, but I left a lot of my own craft supplies (2nd grade), a couple of my many glue guns, yarn, fabric, markers, paper, beads and more.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

3,715 posts, read 2,056,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
You'd better think twice about such!

Stealing is grounds for immediate dismissal with no benefits, including health insurance AND pension or other retirement benefits. You may gain a ream of paper and lose a pension!

Don't risk it so close to the end!
Exactly. The objective is to retire, not get fired!

Besides, it never occurred to me on either job, one private and one public sector. They both treated me well and I wouldn't want to hurt them in any way.

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

405 posts, read 732,699 times
Just the other day I found I was out of Duct Tape and WD-40 so I should have taken more 10 years ago. Actually, no I left some tools there.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

3,785 posts, read 1,967,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I did and am embarrassed now. It was small inexpensive things that I didn't need to do and have used little. Sometimes my boss would be unnecessarily unpleasant.
I retired from the federal government. Never crossed my mind.

I was well paid. I could afford to purchase my own personal office supplies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or