U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

4,861 posts, read 3,836,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I would never expect to read any truly honest posts to the OP's Question! That's a no-brainer!
And what criteria do you use to determine whether any of the responses are "truly honest"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM

3,100 posts, read 1,686,860 times
No.... but there were several things that I had bought with my own money to make my work life easier in some way that I slowly began to reclaim & quietly bring home in a briefcase over the 3 week period before I left: photographic equipment & accessories, computer accessories (like a trackball instead of the supplied mouse), etc.,.

The stuff had been in my work areas for years & I was afraid that people would assume I was pilfering if I walked out the last day with a box of stuff like that.

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

57,696 posts, read 55,873,019 times
I do have a hardhat with the agency's logo on it, but they said I could keep it.

We had a woman in charge of the supply closet who guarded it with her life. "You need another pen? I gave you a box of pens last year. What did you do with them?"

Nobody wanted to face her down, so you saw everyone using TD Bank pens. Hehehe.

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

769 posts, read 288,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Just the red stapler

But why it was found in the rubble after the plant was burned down?

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

37,628 posts, read 46,443,116 times
DH worked as a sales rep, out of our house. He may have stocked up on ink cartridges and paper just a bit when he felt he was about to be downsized.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,386,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I pulled that tampon machine in the ladies’ room right off the wall!!! A dollar for a tampon??? And they were the crappy ones! That’s highway robbery! (whatever that means)
So you chose to retaliate like an adolescent? Interesting. What did a metal dispenser ever do to you?

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

30,806 posts, read 17,062,135 times
Oh hell no. What would I want????

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

4,900 posts, read 3,311,321 times
I didn't but a few months before Hubby retired, he would come home with a ream of paper every now and again. I don't know how many he brought home but I think it was under 10. That was over 10 years ago and we still haven't had to buy paper. In fact, we still have 3 full ones left.

Cat

Old Today, 02:10 AM

837 posts, read 209,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
So you chose to retaliate like an adolescent? Interesting. What did a metal dispenser ever do to you?
Surely you recognize a joke??

Old Today, 11:41 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,386,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Surely you recognize a joke??
Obviously not. Out of context with the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or