U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM

4,163 posts, read 2,668,286 times

Advertisements

I did and am embarrassed now. It was small inexpensive things that I didn't need to do and have used little. Sometimes my boss would be unnecessarily unpleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

1,197 posts, read 680,490 times
Well...it's our own company...so can't exactly call it stealing. But as I could see the end approaching, I started to stock pile some office supplies so that we'd be stocked up after we quit. I finally saw the error of my ways. I will always be able to buy another ream of paper if I want it. No more stock piling!

Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,264,964 times
No, because that's stealing.

Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM

267 posts, read 133,602 times
No, but as a teacher I took a lot with me. Most I bought myself. The sticky notes I didn't but they sort of compensated for the kleenexes and hand sanitizer that I paid for myself. I didn't have nearly enough sticky notes to cover 20 years!

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

6,574 posts, read 4,933,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I did and am embarrassed now. It was small inexpensive things that I didn't need to do and have used little. Sometimes my boss would be unnecessarily unpleasant.
Are you trying to vent and somehow clear your conscience? Do you feel your actions were justified by a boss who was "unnecessarily unpleasant"? You have to live with who you are. Trying to involve others will not change that.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

7,918 posts, read 3,371,856 times
Pilfer? From my employer? No! Well, maybe the odd pen or file folder found later in my home filing cabinet. Nothing deliberately or vindictively stolen.

Why would it occur to you to do this OP?

Old Today, 05:28 AM

13,160 posts, read 14,410,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Are you trying to vent and somehow clear your conscience? Do you feel your actions were justified by a boss who was "unnecessarily unpleasant"? You have to live with who you are. Trying to involve others will not change that.
My goodness! So many holier than thou comments in this thread.

Attention Moderator, move to Religion sub-forum.

Old Today, 05:56 AM

318 posts, read 128,827 times
I didn't I don't think. There were a lot of materials I purchased for myself (because I like specific items, such as pens and notebooks) but it is possible that something was accidentally included in my box of items to take home.

Old Today, 06:08 AM

1,076 posts, read 817,512 times
Good heavens, no!

In fact, I left my stereo equipment behind, so the workers could continue to use it at both plants.

Old Today, 06:12 AM

10,214 posts, read 12,566,531 times
The true character of a man is defined as what he does when nobody is looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or