U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 01:09 PM

1,928 posts, read 868,469 times

Advertisements

I always carry spare batteries with me. I ignore the warning tones until the HA quits then I change the battery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 01:34 PM

1,835 posts, read 2,526,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Just a useless post but amusing .Maybe you have one,too?
The warning I get from my hearing aids when the battery is low is the 4 note intro to Beethoven's 5th.
I have two pair. One has a man’s voice that says “battery,” which as someone else said, always makes me jump too. And I agree, it is guaranteed to happen at the most inopportune time. The warning typically only gives me about 15 min, so it’s not that helpful.

I’ll have to check out the Kirkland Batteries.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:16 PM

4,411 posts, read 1,775,859 times
"The warning I get...."
Turn the TV Down.

Old 09-29-2019, 01:25 AM

6,737 posts, read 3,489,718 times
My husband’s warning sounds like music notes.
Only he can’t hear it .....lol

Old 09-29-2019, 02:10 AM

28,485 posts, read 40,394,611 times
Just replaced my 10 year old Phonaks with new Phonak Audeo M-R. It's a relief to not have to carry batteries everywhere. My other choice was a Stark AI that translated languages, but the cost. Yikes!

I "think" I heard the low battery warning, but I'm not sure. I say that because I heard it after about 11 hours after putting them in. The next day they hadn't made the sound after 15 hours so I don't know yet.

So far I am of two opinions about them. They have features I want, but at least one I want is missing. The old ones will send the audio from one unit to the other (phone mode) which is great when my wife and I are sitting at a bar. So far I've only found that I can completely turn one side off so I only hear in one ear. A lousy way to do it.

I've not used them to answer the phone yet. I haven't tested to see if they will pair with my computer or TV yet. They will only pair with one thing at a time and to change that it is required that I go to Google Play and uninstall the app then reinstall it.

The domes are much more comfortable. The old ones had a cone shaped dome that would irritate my ears. Especially the right one, which has a pretty convoluted canal. These have a soft circular dome that sits deeper in the canal and I hardly notice they are in. The third day I wore them I almost left them in when going to bed. I was sitting on the edge of the bed when I realized they were still in. Nice.

They have promised the Roger Select, but they don't have them yet. They are that new. Hoping for next week.

https://www.phonak.com/us/en/hearing...er-select.html

I'm keeping the old ones for a while as backup. They are still good aids. After a length of time I don't know yet I will donate them.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:47 AM

6,557 posts, read 3,738,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
As long as we're 'here' let me share something possibly helpful.
Don't immediately despair if an aid gets really thoroughly soaked.
Last week mine sat in a bowl of water ( don't ask how) overnight!
The battery wasn't engaged. I put it where it would get air blown on it for about 24 hours...in this case, an air conditioner vent)….held my breath, put it back together and it worked!!
Let's guess - you found your denture in your hearing air container.

I think the Beethoven warning is clever. Another good one would be the "Dragnet" theme. "Dum, dah DUMP dump."

I've got the Minute Waltz for my ring tone and I use my phone so seldom that when it rings I think, Oh nice, someone's playing Chopin.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:56 AM

20,228 posts, read 20,320,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Let's guess - you found your denture in your hearing air container.

I think the Beethoven warning is clever. Another good one would be the "Dragnet" theme. "Dum, dah DUMP dump."

I've got the Minute Waltz for my ring tone and I use my phone so seldom that when it rings I think, Oh nice, someone's playing Chopin.
Reverse that and you got it right
Guess it's lucky the dentures can't chomp down all by themselves.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:15 PM

2,809 posts, read 786,168 times
Ironic that it's Beethoven---since the poor guy went deaf (not ideal for a composer!).

Old 09-29-2019, 05:59 PM

5,567 posts, read 3,211,837 times
Mine bong a few times and then a while later bong again and then a third time and then go quiet.
Batteries are good for 5 to 7 days.

I have an AP on my smart phone so that I can adjust them.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:58 PM

1,835 posts, read 2,526,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I have an AP on my smart phone so that I can adjust them.
I got offered that feature and foolishly turned it down. I had a pair years ago that you could operate with the touchstone on a landline or cell phone. It was very “buggy,” so I opted not to go with the iPhone adjustments. Tell me I didn’t make a mistake. 🙂
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement