U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times

Advertisements

I am pretty happy..I have lived the best I could on what I had..I raised 4 kids without much trouble, and they all still live pretty close..I have 9 grandkids who adore meAnd my first great grandbaby should be here in time to come to Mamaw Bevs house for this years Thanksgiving and Christmas..We live comfortably and I enjoy my home and see no reason to downsize or move far away from the family because we are retired..I have just recently had to make a few changes in my lifestyle due to health problems which I never experienced before, but I will adjust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:20 PM

4,728 posts, read 9,085,537 times
Smile You don't need money to be happy; just a rich outlook.

I think the older I get the happier and more content I become. I no longer depend on "bling things" to give me pleasure, but more on relationships. And, I find that those relationships are no longer based on those "blingy things".

When I was younger it seemed like so much time and effort that could have been spent on enjoying life and family was wasted on acquisition of those oh, so necessary items that were supposed to make us happy.

Now, the only thing that could make me happier would to be closer geographically to our children and grandchildren. We were so busy pursuing our American dream in our working years that we ended up leaving a graduating child in 4 different parts of the country. That is my only regret.

Aches and pains, ailments that I only used to see on 20/20 as news items and rising prices for everything? Just new hurdles - not obstacles. Everyday is a new adventure and I am ready to tackle anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or