U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:55 AM

2,317 posts, read 4,639,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Ah sounds so nice, right now I'm sitting at my desk with very little to do as I'm training my assistant to take on my duties. I have a brace on my left wrist cuz I strained it over the weekend moving, my back is killing me and I'm totally bored and wish I was doing something else or even being busy would be a huge plus right now.

The alarm goes off this morning we slowly roll out of bed, jump in the shower have our coffee, look outside and it's becoming a beautiful day But then we have to get dressed get into traffic and head out to work. But our time will come and we too will enjoy ourselves doing what we want to do for the day, take a walk around the area, drive up in the mountain trails, plant a tree or several. Read a book or not, plan what to have for dinner and enjoy the process.
You have the right Idea about retirement,and you are going to enjoy and
appreciate it!not having to deal with the daily grind,sitting in traffic,getting stressed,you will see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM

1,195 posts, read 4,994,187 times
The Haulmark trailer with all our treasures got shipped out today, the Harely Davidson will be shipped out on the 28th, the tool box to be shipped out on the 30th, my husband leaves on the 3rd. It's all coming together, almost like it's flying at us.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM

That's great,I went through a very pleasant experience while retiring,everything fell right into place...It was my time to go...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM

You know you have something there, I always feel that if it's right you won't have many if any obstacles standing in your way.

My husbands retirement party is next Thursday his boss is inviting managers from all over the State to attend, he has requested just a small gathering but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm excited for him, he is much more appreciated than he thought.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:49 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Good for him ! How many more days now.....about eight ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM

that is great,my last command I was at was 8 years,the people not only gave me a nice send off,but also took me out for a dinner! I was very flattered. It is very nice to be appreciated.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Yes, it is. My students (I'm a teacher who teaches Resource Room which means I have the same group of kids for as many as six years) are so upset that I am leaving and there are many of them that I will really miss. I tend to be extremely close to my kids. I'm used to seeing them grow up and even come back as parents & I often have a second generation in my program (not sure what this says about me as a teacher..... ) . This will be my last group. It's a strange , but exhilarating experience.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Yeah,I miss some of the people,not the place

Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM

Default right, not the place

No. I will not miss the place, only some of the people.

TRESSA ~~~ how many days 4 u now?????

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-27-2008 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 PM

Thats right 4 days but his last day at work will be Thursday so really only 1.5 days I don't have the hours and minutes but could in a moments notice. He is hoping to start driving down the highway June 3rd, he has to be in Seattle June 9th to pick up our haulmark.

I wish I was going with him but it makes sense for me to stay here until our motor home is scheduled to go out and that is July 30th so will have another count down, but will have some extra money to sock into our new home, we are both so excited about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement