Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,343 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on here have any experiance with the 4 wheeled disabled mobility scooters?

I am unable to walk far cause of bad hip and overwight and I use a wheelchair now for shopping and outside of home. I have been doing research on the 4 wheeled XL scooter that holds 350 to 500lbs plus and they are 3 to 4,000.00 cheaper than a motorized chair but don't know if Medicare helps on any of the cost.

Any info please and thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
Best to speak with your doctor about this. My guess is he will prescribe whatever mobility aid that will work best for you so that Medicare will pay for the device that you choose.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
You might want to look for a nearby medical supplier that carries tehm ;so as to be able to try diofferent ones out.Als trainpostation by bumper carrier seems common from what I have seen if you don;t have a van. I see alot of people using them in stores and often see them unloading them off bumper carrier.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You might want to look for a nearby medical supplier that carries tehm ;so as to be able to try diofferent ones out.Als trainpostation by bumper carrier seems common from what I have seen if you don;t have a van. I see alot of people using them in stores and often see them unloading them off bumper carrier.
I went to a mobility store today where I got my wheelchair and they gave me a form for my Dr. to fill out. Said Medicare is more reluctant to pay much without special problems which I have, so maybe will luck out.

I am willing to pay for most of it if need be. I do have a full size conversion van with all seats removed in rear. This type of scooter will work in my home better than wheelchair.

I went to hospital other day for checkup and my wheelchair would not fit thru their main entrance or any other doorways inside. I told them that was not very good setup and if I was alone I would not be able to get in.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
You might want to use the emergecy entrance as mnay wheel chair people do. I actaully do because I mostly get to visit at night and they close the otehr doors pretty early. Might just be alearnig to adapt like so many things now days.I am surprised they did reccommend it since they usually have automatic doors that are wide.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 AM

8 posts, read 6,140 times
Default Heavy duty 4 wheel scooters

Heavy duty 4 wheel scooters helps elderly and disabled to move one place to another without having any fear of falling down. This scooter have capacity to load more weight as compare to another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement