U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 AM

5,105 posts, read 3,932,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Congrats!!!!
Thank you! I'll say this much, it is NEVER boring and there's more to the job than I thought! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Ditto! This is good news for you!
Thanks. At least it's a piece o' cake kinda job and the time goes by pretty fast. But my feet hurt! lol

Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

And you might even have a lower AC bill
I don't have AC. I have a swamp cooler but it works really well! I never turn it on till about noon anyway and leave it on when I go to work. My mom comes in around 5:30 to see 'how cool' it is...for the cats...and if it's OK she'll turn it off. Then she turns on my porch light around 8:00 and if it's "stuffy" she'll turn it back on so it's nice when I come in. I usually turn it off right away. Our light bill was pretty good this month considering it's got THREE coolers running, plus ceiling fans in both houses. We use the same meter. The bill was $92 for both houses. Not bad!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM

12,396 posts, read 8,649,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Thanks. At least it's a piece o' cake kinda job and the time goes by pretty fast. But my feet hurt! lol
If you're a people person this is a great job! I would invest in a really really good support shoes for all that standing. And it's fun to smile!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

And you might even have a lower AC bill
Gandalara, where do you find such cool animated graphics and how do you insert in posts? Can these be put into regular email messages?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
If you're a people person this is a great job! I would invest in a really really good support shoes for all that standing. And it's fun to smile!
I guess I'm a "people person". Been working with the public my entire life and few complaints from them.

I have great shoes! They are my waitressing shoes, professionally made, BUT I just haven't had to be on my feet so much for a long time. It'll just take me a little time to get back in the groove. I walk a lot more on this job than I thought I would because part of my job is returning merchandise to the various departments that's been brought back. That means going from one end of the store to the other for hours and it's a HUGE store! I'll be used to it again in no time. No worse than waitressing. lol I AM going to get some gel insoles though.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 PM

8,524 posts, read 3,956,935 times
Hi folks... I've been lurking here reading. I have 7 years til retirement, but love this place. Everyone is so down to earth. I will be here on a regular basis.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Hi folks... I've been lurking here reading. I have 7 years til retirement, but love this place. Everyone is so down to earth. I will be here on a regular basis.
Welcome!! If you have any good suggestions for living on a shoestring be sure to post them!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I guess I'm a "people person". Been working with the public my entire life and few complaints from them.

I have great shoes! They are my waitressing shoes, professionally made, BUT I just haven't had to be on my feet so much for a long time. It'll just take me a little time to get back in the groove. I walk a lot more on this job than I thought I would because part of my job is returning merchandise to the various departments that's been brought back. That means going from one end of the store to the other for hours and it's a HUGE store! I'll be used to it again in no time. No worse than waitressing. lol I AM going to get some gel insoles though.
I really admire you. You are really one tough lady.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I really admire you. You are really one tough lady.
LOL Well, ya gotta be 'tough' in this life. I belong to a group of friends, online, that call ourselves the TTOBs....True Tough Ol' Broads. We share a lot about our lives and help one another out with different things. I've belonged to this group for ten years and they are great ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement