U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM

942 posts, read 1,067,584 times

Advertisements

Im from Attleboro. Are you staying in Mass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 AM

823 posts, read 3,375,479 times
Oregonrain,

I used to live in Norton and my daughter lives in Mansfield. My ex lives in Attleboro.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM

124 posts, read 367,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OREGONRAIN View Post
Has anyone moved to a retirement locale that they did research on and visitied, but found evenually it was not for them.
We moved to Nampa, ID and only after we moved here did we realize that political and religious affiliations can impact your much more than you think. We are now just trying to make the best of it.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,916,102 times
If I read this post correctly, you and your partner are going to stay in ID although you feel it may have been a mistake because of differences in political and religious affiliations.

Do you think you'll stay forever, or are you just giving it more time. Curious of course not trying to be invasive in asking too many personal questions.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art R View Post
We moved to Nampa, ID and only after we moved here did we realize that political and religious affiliations can impact your much more than you think. We are now just trying to make the best of it.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:37 PM

124 posts, read 367,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
If I read this post correctly, you and your partner are going to stay in ID although you feel it may have been a mistake because of differences in political and religious affiliations.

Do you think you'll stay forever, or are you just giving it more time. Curious of course not trying to be invasive in asking too many personal questions.

Thanks.
Think we are kind of stuck here.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:41 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,916,102 times
Sorry to hear that and hope your make a good adjustment.

I posted earlier that my choice didn't work for me and I left. I haven't found an alternative and feel a little at sea.

Thanks for your honest response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art R View Post
Think we are kind of stuck here.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM

942 posts, read 1,067,584 times
I think the whole country is falling apart, we may all need to just stay where we are for abit, and then maybe things will improve and we can all decide with more ease as to what to do. It seems alot of us are a little stuck, or a little at sea. Im not completely sure alot of our indecision is coming completely from within us, some yes but not all. I think the country has a feeling of being in a depressed mood and it is affecting all of our lives in some manner. When you think of it so many of us are asking is this place liberal or is this place conservative. Is it cost effective more there than where we are now. Are there part time jobs for the over 50 crowd, or will we compete with zillions of students for a job at Taco Bell, if that is the only job in town. No wonder we can't decide. For those of us with so much indecision, lets just stay where we are for now, or we could make things worse for ourselves.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 PM

13,890 posts, read 25,335,938 times
Quote:
Im from Attleboro. Are you staying in Mass?
Attleboro? Holy smoke! I used to live in Plainville! We might have been almost neighbors.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,461,911 times
Quote:
I think the whole country is falling apart, we may all need to just stay where we are for abit, and then maybe things will improve and we can all decide with more ease as to what to do. It seems alot of us are a little stuck, or a little at sea. Im not completely sure alot of our indecision is coming completely from within us, some yes but not all. I think the country has a feeling of being in a depressed mood and it is affecting all of our lives in some manner. When you think of it so many of us are asking is this place liberal or is this place conservative. Is it cost effective more there than where we are now. Are there part time jobs for the over 50 crowd, or will we compete with zillions of students for a job at Taco Bell, if that is the only job in town. No wonder we can't decide. For those of us with so much indecision, lets just stay where we are for now, or we could make things worse for ourselves.

I think you're very right. I'm always in a rush when I make up my mind to do something but when it comes to moving 1,000 miles away, I must take it slowly. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I'm willing to bet it's a lot greener in VA year round than in TX.

For me, moving alone to another state is a bit scary but if all turns out well in my search, I'm willing to try it before I get too old.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:06 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,585,961 times
We left s. Ca for n. Ca many years ago and got stuck for 15 years. Our realtor sold us a place in the pines right next to a meth lab and in the middle of a neighborhood of drug users. We lost 20K on that place and it took us 5 years to sell it. We were more careful when searching for our next place and after much research and visits came to AZ two years ago. We love it here. I guess I really missed sidewalks. We all make mistakes, we should just try to learn from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or