Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM

105,813 posts, read 107,799,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Obviously, some people didn't check out the link!

I loved our RV lifestyle. We had only what we needed and nothing more. It wasn't about how much "stuff" we had. The people are less guarded. You can make friends faster at a KOA than you can at an HOA. The late nights around the campfire, watching movies on the patio, grilling with the neighbors. You guys don't know what you are missing.

Just wait til retirement . . . you'll see us "on the road again."
we used to camp out at koa all the time, they are one of the nicest kept campgrounds i know of.... there are many and some may be nicer then others but they really are a great place to take people who arent really campers and break them in.....

dont think i want to live there though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 PM

175 posts, read 467,433 times
Tramps and hoboes are commonly lumped together, but in their own sight they are sharply differentiated. A hobo or bo is simply a migratory laborer; he may take some longish holidays, but soon or late he returns to work. A tramp never works if it can be avoided; he simply travels. Lower than either is the bum, who neither works nor travels, save when impelled to motion by the police.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 AM

357 posts, read 1,015,650 times
I am too old to travels and works at the same time, travels by itself is very tiresome, might consider when at younger age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourimomo View Post
Tramps and hoboes are commonly lumped together, but in their own sight they are sharply differentiated. A hobo or bo is simply a migratory laborer; he may take some longish holidays, but soon or late he returns to work. A tramp never works if it can be avoided; he simply travels. Lower than either is the bum, who neither works nor travels, save when impelled to motion by the police.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Default There are MANY other jobs one could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabanaki View Post
I am too old to travels and works at the same time, travels by itself is very tiresome, might consider when at younger age.
I, myself a Hobo, work from my laptop. I can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have internet. I work 4-6 hours a week and make just as much as when I worked full time.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:50 AM

1,061 posts, read 2,241,706 times
Work 4-6 hours a week, that is nice!!!!!

As long as you have internet connection? Awesome, you can even work at libraries.

Working so little hours a week definitely allows one to volunteer, relax, sightsee where they are at.

I guess if I ever want to be moving around, whether rving, or even just living from place to place a few months here, and a few months there, working via internet from anywhere is the way to go.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane 3953 View Post

I can see that one can make friends quite easily living like this.
But who wants a bunch of bums and hobos for friends?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,326,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourimomo View Post
I, myself a Hobo, work from my laptop. I can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have internet. I work 4-6 hours a week and make just as much as when I worked full time.
Wow! Do you care to share with us what it is you do?

Old 08-16-2009, 03:12 PM

National Hobo Convention. What a great time had by all!!! Did anyone on the board make it this year?Britt, Iowa

Old 08-16-2009, 03:15 PM

105,813 posts, read 107,799,717 times
i was going to go but i had a bum leg

Old 08-16-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i was going to go but i had a bum leg
You missed a great time of coming together and great friendships reunited. Britt, Iowa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement