U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM

6,954 posts, read 7,390,876 times

Advertisements

I'm continuing with my spring cleaning - I'm hitting every inch of this place - also getting ready to put it on the market. The more I do, the more I see that needs this or that fixed/replaced - it's overwhelming at times. Disabled Vets called and I said "Come on down~~" - they love coming here - over the past 10 years I have given them a lot. I even gave them a car at one point. But, it's a glorious day, sunny with blue skies and our snow is slowly vanishing - our 6' snow banks are now only 1' or so and I'm seeing BARE grass!!

Enjoy your day & your weekend - although, when you're retired, weekends don't have the significance they once had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,205,335 times
Remember The Osmonds? Saw them in a short concert today, ate for the first time ever at an Outback restaurant (still have never visited an Olive Garden) - then relaxed and surfed the net. Need to start exercising again - how the weight creeps up quickly when you don't work and have a sedentary lifestyle.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,781,044 times
Returned yesterday from our annual snowbird month in Costa Rica, unpacking and doing catch-up chores. Suffering warm weather withdrawal and the usual post travel blahs except its great to have the dogs back. Started to research a future trip to England/Scotland/Wales and Ireland. Yankee - mind if I pose some questions on Scotland?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:40 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,986,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim21784 View Post
Returned yesterday from our annual snowbird month in Costa Rica, unpacking and doing catch-up chores. Suffering warm weather withdrawal and the usual post travel blahs except its great to have the dogs back. Started to research a future trip to England/Scotland/Wales and Ireland. Yankee - mind if I pose some questions on Scotland?
Go ahead, ask away! I can advise on Ireland as well. Go ahead and PM me.

I finished the last of the painting in our new kitchen and sanded and oiled the new beech countertops. Dh has finished installing the cupboards and just has the wall tiles and flooring to do. Woohoo!! Just love it!

Anxious for the trip to a Scottish island next month for our 10th wedding anniversary. Hope the weather warms up a bit. 60's would be fine with me.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Couple of buckets of balls at the practice tee w/ short game practice, too. Purchased buffet/hutch for the retirement home from a consignment shop - should look good when it is delivered. Slow 3 mile run this afternoon. Florida weather is beautiful now - best time of year. Spring break is here. NHL game tonight Tampa Bay v. Atlanta. We're fading in the standings.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:58 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,050,067 times
I spent the afternoon on a bicycle reconnaissance mission. What to do? What to do? It is time for me to get a bike and get back in the saddle. We had a beautiful day today with temps in the upper 50s. Ahhhh. After a winter like this it really feels good. The nice thing is that we are supposed to have 2 more days like this and I don't have to be inside because I don't work anymore.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 AM

don't get back into it all in one day -pace yourself - found out that biking muscles are different than running or other muscles - did a short 5 mile ride around the neighborhood recently and felt the aches the next day.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 AM

11,086 posts, read 12,467,812 times
Saturday was nice so I got a chainsaw and spent the day at my older sisters home cutting down fallen trees and limbs from a recent heavy snow storm. Putting my Arkansas chainsaw skills to good use here in Colorado. It's been years since I cut wood and I was sore Sunday morning but happy to help, a dit was kinda fun. We watched a Bald Eagle sitting in a tree limb watching us. It is just nice to be able to do things without being rushed.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM

2,024 posts, read 2,986,675 times
This morning as we had our leisurely breakfast in bed we spied 3 or 4 dolphins swimming in the loch out front.

It was 50 degrees and sunny today and in the continuing quest to finish our new kitchen, we headed to Glasgow via ferry to buy floor tiles and other odds and ends.

Can't even imagine trying to completely remodel our kitchen while we still had jobs!!

Can't wait to get out on my bike!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Saturday was nice so I got a chainsaw and spent the day at my older sisters home cutting down fallen trees and limbs from a recent heavy snow storm. Putting my Arkansas chainsaw skills to good use here in Colorado. It's been years since I cut wood and I was sore Sunday morning but happy to help, a dit was kinda fun. We watched a Bald Eagle sitting in a tree limb watching us. It is just nice to be able to do things without being rushed.
Wouldn't you like another sister?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or