U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,987,604 times

Advertisements

I'm researching a trip to Rome with my sister who just decided to retire the end of this school year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
The meds are helping the old cat but I don't know how much longer he's got. I noticed last night my foot is really swollen! Not all that painful. I tripped and scraped my ankle & knee a couple days ago. I thinkit is just bruised but I think I'll take a day & ice it instead of going up & down ladders all day painting.

I'm retired, I can do that.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM

19,872 posts, read 22,787,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
The meds are helping the old cat but I don't know how much longer he's got. I noticed last night my foot is really swollen! Not all that painful. I tripped and scraped my ankle & knee a couple days ago. I thinkit is just bruised but I think I'll take a day & ice it instead of going up & down ladders all day painting.

Sorry to hear about your cat. I know how it is to have to put a pet down once they're really ill - a very very sad task.

Not wishing to make light of your pet's condition, but I have to say that when I first started reading your post here, I didn't make the immediate switch from thinking about your cat to thinking about YOU and at first took it mean my that YOU are the "old cat" (since you began discussing YOUR foot). Adds a whole new meaning to "...don't know how much longer he's got."

Ken

Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post

Sorry about your cat and your own injuries. Just chill. You're retired.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM

6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Tesaje is a recent retiree that hasn't yet learned to slow down - but she will

Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Tesaje is a recent retiree that hasn't yet learned to slow down - but she will
Haha.

Thanks all. The foot is already better. Amazing what ice does.

The cat not so much. I think I may have to make a sad decision soon. He's been a good cat and lasted a lot longer than either I or my Vet thought he would. It is just hard to know when he's ready.

I spent my 1st 4 months playing around but decided it was time to get focused on my long house refreshment list. I'm already happier with the 2 rooms I painted and it isn't going to paint itself. :-)

Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM

8,093 posts, read 13,234,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Yesterday I painted our front porch. Got a spare bedroom ready for our Ugandan 'daughter' who is coming next week for a 2 month visit.

I completely missed this! It's wonderful that the paperwork got straightened out!

Have fun!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I completely missed this! It's wonderful that the paperwork got straightened out!

Have fun!
We are so thrilled! We've heard from friends in Uganda that many people apply 3 or 4 times to get a visitor visa. Most get rejected unless they're coming as students and have been accepted. I think pointing out the fact that if she stayed here illegally she'd be missing out on the free university education we're paying for in Uganda. We certainly couldn't pay for a UK one!!

What a shock it will be for her! But fun.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 AM

Got dh to install a shelf and towel rod in our 2nd bathroom. Washed the inside windows, well some of them. Now I'm having a tea and CD break, again.

Found out my sister has booked her flight and will be spending all of September with us. (as a new retiree).

Old 06-01-2010, 09:41 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,782,260 times
Just got back from our first cross country RV trip (Maryland to CA). You really can't appreciate how large the US is until you drive it coast to coast, amazing!!! The Redwood/Sequoia trees of California are something everyone should experience before they croak, simply beautiful beyond words. Standing at the base of a 2000+ year old tree gives one a very different perspective on life. If you haven't done so, my serious advice is to do so. It is worth the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or