U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:08 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,524,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Gee Curmudgeon, you know that out here in CA we'd have the state legislature get together and pass laws to prohibit that behavior...

But, you knew that.
AND they'd find a way to tax it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 AM

8,648 posts, read 15,314,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I've been retired since July 1. Today I sat at the edge of a river and panned for gold. I love retirement!
I'll be right there...LOL..

Have you tried fishing in that river yet?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM

4,639 posts, read 5,104,316 times
Stared at my argyle sox for two hours before I put them on my feet. Asked my wife 6 times who in the hell she was. Dug up my dead dog, and yelled at him because he wouldn't move. Microwaved my hand. Ouch, that smarts !

Old 11-09-2009, 04:36 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,306,570 times
Had breakfast, took a shower, ran to the library to return books and pick up a few more, stopped by the mall to buy a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor basketball shoes (I needed a new pair of shoes - I've been living in flip flops all summer but it's time for real shoes again), then went home to pick up my dog Gracie and head for the park for our two and a half mile walk.

When we got back, I started on one of the library books, and did a couple loads of laundry. Made dinner for the old man and me, and luckily made extra as my daughter stopped by just as we were sitting down (she has impeccable timing).

Now I'm having my second glass of wine, and checking my favorite web-sites. I'll be getting back to my book shortly, and will probably have a little brandy as a nightcap before turning in for the night.

A great day!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM

6,956 posts, read 7,404,127 times
I finished up the leaf collection. Just got my mower back from repair and it's so much easier to just suck them up in the mower as opposed to manually raking them all. I have a hugh yard with many trees and am so-o-o-o glad I'm done. It was 59F and sunny - wonderful weather!! Fed the dogs din din and now I'm going to make something for myself. Housework sucks - but I like a clean house so I guess I'll do something yet tonight so I can enjoy another day outside tomorrow.

This is a cool thread!!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,266,916 times
Had my coffee, read my Bible, tended my farm on Farmville (Facebook), answered the Question of the Day on Other Topics, met my granddaughter and daughter-in-law at Kohl's, had a Starbucks iced tea, came home and split a Subway sandwich with hubby for dinner! Called in to see if I have Jury Duty tomorrow...I don't, so called my friend and planned our lunch date for tomorrow!

I love retirement!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:25 PM

6,956 posts, read 7,404,127 times
Today was a gorgeous day - 62F with lots of sun. I got up - let the bow wows out, let them in, fed them then let them out (getting dizzy here?). Ran errands and then played outside all day - putzing around trimming perennials, storing pots & supplies. The fresh air all day gets me tired and lazy so tonight it's a long bath and some CD, TV. Not a real exciting day but I sure enjoyed it.

Where is everybody?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:00 AM

2,601 posts, read 1,232,992 times
I was busy yesterday and got much acccomplished. I thoroughly cleaned house (really got all the bathrooms in tip-top shape, did laundry, vacuumed, dusted, swept, cleaned ceiling fans and baseboards, etc.) Then I answered all the mail, paid the bills and such, and sat down for the NCIS Marathon on USA Network for the rest of the afternoon. (Gosh, I love that show!) Today, I'm going to finish my coffee, run a couple of errands, set up our Alaska trip for next year, and this afternoon I'm going to go get fingerprinted for my conceal-carry license. Like a previous poster said, "I love retirement!" (Yes, this is a fun thread! Hope more people respond.)

Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM

16,133 posts, read 20,846,672 times
Going Bowling

Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,306,570 times
I'm in the Baltimore area and smack in the middle of that Nor' Easter that formed from the remnants of Hurricane Ida. It's chilly and really windy, and rainy. I had to run out to Target to pick up cat food this morning, and then I threw some baked ziti together for dinner. But other than that I've been curled up on the couch with a book all day. Not a bad way to spend the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or