U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 2,987,604 times
Reputation: 1812

Advertisements

I'm on a long holiday in the US. Today hub and I drove from Michigan to PA, nearly to Maryland. Destination is Washington DC, then Gettysburg. Back to family in Michigan for a few days then home to Scotland.

Can I take a nap now?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,133 posts, read 20,826,624 times
Reputation: 8293
Went Bowling on the Fort, had a Paul Blart moment but got through it OK. It got up to 70
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
1,802 posts, read 7,298,302 times
Reputation: 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
I'm on a long holiday in the US. Today hub and I drove from Michigan to PA, nearly to Maryland. Destination is Washington DC, then Gettysburg. Back to family in Michigan for a few days then home to Scotland.

Can I take a nap now?!
Welcome to Maryland! Hope you enjoy your DC visit. Sorry it's so darn cold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 2,987,604 times
Reputation: 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Welcome to Maryland! Hope you enjoy your DC visit. Sorry it's so darn cold!
Thanks. In Arlington now. Not much snow but it is cold, although not as cold as Michigan was. Saw Kennedy grave today - tomorrow 1 or 2 Smithsonian museums.

Are you familiar with Breezewood--motel and fast food central? Spent a night there. Alleghenies were nice, bet they are fantastic in the autumn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,959,752 times
Reputation: 1747
Spent most of the day in deep contemplation...........on what I may do tomorrow. Tired me out, had to take a nap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Reputation: 16283
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Spent most of the day in deep contemplation...........on what I may do tomorrow. Tired me out, had to take a nap.
That's hard work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 2,987,604 times
Reputation: 1812
LOL. You guys are funny.

Today we'd seen enough museums so we walked past the white house, Lincoln Memorial, etc etc. It was soooo cold!

Personally, I'm getting tired of all this travelling. Does this mean I'm old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
1,802 posts, read 7,298,302 times
Reputation: 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Thanks. In Arlington now. Not much snow but it is cold, although not as cold as Michigan was. Saw Kennedy grave today - tomorrow 1 or 2 Smithsonian museums.

Are you familiar with Breezewood--motel and fast food central? Spent a night there. Alleghenies were nice, bet they are fantastic in the autumn.
No, sorry...can't say that I've ever heard of it. I assume it's in PA? Would you recommend it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 2,987,604 times
Reputation: 1812
The area around Breezewood is nice but Breezewood itself is a junction leading to a few motorways. It consists of fast food, motels, gas stations. It's for passing through on the way to somewhere else and spending the night if you need a rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Reputation: 16283
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
LOL. You guys are funny.

Today we'd seen enough museums so we walked past the white house, Lincoln Memorial, etc etc. It was soooo cold!

Personally, I'm getting tired of all this travelling. Does this mean I'm old?

I'd say it means you need a break from it for awhile. Plant your feet for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top