Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

I second central coastal california. Temps never above 75 (day) or below 38F (night) year round. The cost of living is horrific, but on two nurses' salaries, which would average 70K apiece, you should do just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 PM

17 posts, read 20,141 times
I am so happy that you think that my question about African American being welcomed was odd. Despite an African American president, a climate of ethnic inclusion is still met with opposition in some areas of this country. We are not seeking to stress anyone.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks for your very useful information. I have heard that Albuquerque was a fun and interesting place to live. I don't think I am quite ready for the terrain, however; I also have not finalized my location.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the good information. Would it be possible to occasionally read about what you encounter in your journey of relocation?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:01 PM

Thanks for your reply. My dream was to live in San Diego, but prices there increased above my available resources.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
flygal44,

When responding to a post you should click on the Quote button at the lower right of a post to include the original. This makes it easier to follow. If you want to reply to more than one click the " button on all but the last post you are responding to. Click the Quote button on the last one. This will add all the posts into one response and you can answer in between them.

Practice this as it can be a bit confusing. You can use the quote and multiple quote feature and then just cancel the reply.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygal44 View Post
I am so happy that you think that my question about African American being welcomed was odd. Despite an African American president, a climate of ethnic inclusion is still met with opposition in some areas of this country. We are not seeking to stress anyone.
Clicked on the " button

Quote:
Thanks for your very useful information. I have heard that Albuquerque was a fun and interesting place to live. I don't think I am quite ready for the terrain, however; I also have not finalized my location.
Clicked on the " button

Quote:
Thanks for the good information. Would it be possible to occasionally read about what you encounter in your journey of relocation?
Clicked on the " button

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. My dream was to live in San Diego, but prices there increased above my available resources.
Clicked on the Quote button

Like this!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM

51 posts, read 110,515 times
Quote:
I live in a large condo complex and a new couple moved in. I went downstairs and met them. It was great, yes they are African American and now we finally have some diversity. I could not help but asked if they smoked? "NO".....how wonderful is that. Smoke enters my condo if the owners/renters live next to me or on the lower floor or above me. There is no law in Fl that prohibits smoking in condos. A real problem.
I wish you lots of luck and let us know how you are doing.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,323 times
How much per hour is the average salary for RN in North Carolina? or Arizona? I am considering moving and i shoud choose one soon.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:42 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridachic View Post
That is an odd question....African Americans are welcomed?
Heck, we have a black president !
And not everyone voted for him and not every district went for him and some were overwhelming against him. Yes a very legitimate question and the fact we have an African American President is neither relevant or indicative of local values positive or negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement