U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:22 AM

85 posts, read 282,065 times

Advertisements

Living homeless at the age of 60 or so, after my parents are gone, is nitemare. I will find a way to excape this nightmare. I will not live in a nursing home or on the street when I'm that old. Rather die!!! God dam this country and all that ever were trusted to run it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,977,102 times
I don't understand why you would live homeless on the street? Why wouldn't you just start saving now. If you are 30 years old, you have 35 years of saving ahead of you at the least. People say they don't have the money, but then spend on frivolous things like cable, cigarettes, alcohol, etc. If you prioritize properly retirement should not be a nightmare.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:22 AM

454 posts, read 1,243,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugBoy911 View Post
Living homeless at the age of 60 or so, after my parents are gone, is nitemare. I will find a way to excape this nightmare. I will not live in a nursing home or on the street when I'm that old. Rather die!!! God dam this country and all that ever were trusted to run it.

??
confusing.
why would you curse the country when it's YOU who can choose to go out and 'take it' or choose to instead play the blame game.
i'm 29 and i believe that this country provides 'the' best platform for someone who wants to make a good life. it's up to the individual to make choices, make it happen.

this is the only country where a 23 year old recent college grad could purchase a house and another one five years later. (and came to this country at the age of 17)

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 AM

3,427 posts, read 9,247,689 times
BugBoy911, I'm behind you. I hope to be dead by the time I'm 49. I see nothing good coming out of a life beyond that point.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM

2,903 posts, read 10,940,029 times
Buy a Dave Ramsey book and follow it. There is no reason to expect to be destitute.
Also, watch your language.......swearing is against the TOS.

Why blame our country? This country is the BEST in the world to be in if you want to be wealthy. The average working person makes about 2 MILLION in their lifetime.......it's your own fault if you do not live within your means and invest in your own future. YOU are in charge of your own destiny...it is not the responsibility for the Gov't to support you.

The Gov't is us, and I for one am tired of supporting those who should be supporting themselves. Man up and be thankful for the wonderful blessing of life you have been given.

Frank

Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,898,358 times
Default Buck up and hear my story directed to the OP.

I was homeless for more than a couple of years, never went to college. I was born with attention deficit disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and dyslexia as well as consuming more than a few drugs and lots of booze (I don't do all that chit anymore).
I now have two income producing properties own a kayak dealership and gift shop and am already looking at 36 to 42 foot sailing yachts.
I'm 58 and have a wonderful life and wife. If I can do it anyone can.
I also must say I saw that you wrote "God **** this country"
I now don't really give a flying porcupine's patootie what happens to you. Go live in a third world country and see if your luck or attitude changes !
It's up to you to make your life what you want it to be.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,246,765 times
At age 30, you have the world in your hands. If you are still living with your parents, it's time to move out. If you don't have a job, get one. If you are a complainer, stop. No one wants to hear you. If you really dislike our country, which is the best in the world, try living in another one. See how fast you return at your age, because other countries don't want lazy/complainer either. I have a home in another country, and I can tell you that I would still rather live here even with the problems, because every country has its own set of problems. Start saving for retirement. Certainly you have heard to pay yourself first, so do it. I am also tired of supporting people who do not want to work and I do not tolerate those who don't take care of themselves and their families. Grow up.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 AM

28,230 posts, read 39,866,600 times
Default It'd not my fault!

To the OP and their ilk: Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Big baby. Grow up. Nothing's ever your fault. It's the government, it's the police, it's the teacher, it's your mother.

No, it's you.

Since you want God to damn this country go live in Iraq for a while.

Are you that same poster that did nothing but complain and have changed your ID? Sounds familiar somehow...

Old 01-20-2010, 09:04 AM

12,677 posts, read 14,059,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
At age 30..If you are still living with your parents, it's time to move out. ...
Thank you, the crux of the matter right there.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugBoy911 View Post
What are you doing for yourself to avoid the nightmare of a nursing home. You are young enough to buy a long term health care policy. Why does the country have to take care of you? God bless this country and I would rather die here on the streets than in Haiti. Now there is a thought, go to Haiti or Mexico and see what will be done for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or