U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 AM

531 posts, read 1,805,309 times

Advertisements

True story:

My boyfriend was playing poker with his buds on Saturday. They are all in their 30s and 40s. The host of the little gathering has his dad living with him and the old man joined them in playing a few hands. After he lost about $20, the young guys were giving him grief. He said "Yeah well this is the last time you boys are ever gonna get Social Security!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:58 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,479,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat1of2 View Post
True story:

My boyfriend was playing poker with his buds on Saturday. They are all in their 30s and 40s. The host of the little gathering has his dad living with him and the old man joined them in playing a few hands. After he lost about $20, the young guys were giving him grief. He said "Yeah well this is the last time you boys are ever gonna get Social Security!"
Love it! Unfortunately, it may be all too true but what a great come-back.

Happily Retired and Receiving SS!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:02 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,904,066 times
I have a retirement joke.

First ya get tired,
next ya get retired,
then ya become retireded !

Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat1of2 View Post
True story:

Good one'LOL

Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 PM

2,845 posts, read 3,936,219 times
My favorite joke about being old goes like this:

A guy is fishing at the local pond when presently a frog jumps up on a lily pad beside him. He looks at the frog, but continues fishing. The frog croaks and says, "Mister, I am not really a frog. I am actually a beautiful princess, but I had a spell cast on me by a wicked witch. If you pick me up and give me a kiss, I will become a princess again and make you happy for the rest of your life."

The man just kept on fishing. This irritated the frog. "Mister, will you listen to me?! I am NOT a frog, but really a beautiful princess. Give me a kiss, and I will make you happy the rest of your life."

The man looked down at the frog and then reeled his line in for the last time. He reached down, grabbed the frog, and stuck it into his coat pocket. He started trudging home.

Now the frog was REALLY pissed. He beat against the side of the man until the man finally pulled him out of his pocket. The frog pleaded, "Mister, why don't you give me a kiss? I will make you happy if I become a beautiful princess again."

"Frog," replied the man. "I am 75 years old, and at this stage in my life, I would rather have a talking frog."

Old 02-04-2010, 07:16 PM

313 posts, read 762,156 times
Great jokes- gotta check this forum more often...

You guys know how to have fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or