Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 10:59 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Funny name for it; Are the guys with that look still called a b*tch? Or are they called "resting b*strd face"?

I never looked as though I were scowling; just a relaxed look that some internalized and took personally.

My boss had a smile on her face all the time, even when sticking the knife in your back. I'll take a 'real' face any day.
Hahaha, yes, I've met those types, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 11:03 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Funny name for it; Are the guys with that look still called a b*tch? Or are they called "resting b*strd face"?

I never looked as though I were scowling; just a relaxed look that some internalized and took personally.

My boss had a smile on her face all the time, even when sticking the knife in your back. I'll take a 'real' face any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

Nope, A**hole Face! Watch the video, lol

Old 11-17-2016, 11:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

I see many sad, bored, lonely old men at the Shopping Mall (state, relatives)

Can be common down here in FL. Not surprised. Sad to see. People lose their spouses who they were attached to for 50+ yrs and have no one else. Family members are half way across the country.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

Nope, A**hole Face! Watch the video, lol
I was told once that I had a face that looked like I was mad. It never dawned on me. Now I have a fake smile at times and people probably say, look at that guy smiling for no particular reason. Give him his space. You can't win.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:06 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,933,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
They are clearly from pre-metrosexual generations.

I'm admittedly somewhere in between, I'm not a complete metrosexual (after all, look at my handle here!). Nonetheless, I love to shop until I drop, when it's time to do so.
I had to lookup the definition of metrosexual after seeing this post.

Here is what I found

Urban Dictionary: metrosexual

Quote:

metrosexual
You might be "metrosexual" if:

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.

3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.

5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.

10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
Since I don't know any metrosexual, I assume that they don't exist in my neck of the wood (Mid Hudson Valley NY) or in areas which I had lived before (Michigan and Boston/Cambridge area). I have been to California and NY city many times but maybe did not stay long enough to know the shopping and personal grooming habit of some men to know whether they are metrosexual.

All I can say is that I am glad I did not marry a metrosexual and my daughter's boyfriend is not one either. I don't think metrosexuals are good savers. Years later, the broke, sad, bored and lonely old men sitting on the steps or benches in some upscale shopping stores could be the former metrosexuals ;-)

Old 11-17-2016, 12:49 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
I had to lookup the definition of metrosexual after seeing this post.

Here is what I found

Urban Dictionary: metrosexual

Since I don't know any metrosexual, I assume that they don't exist in my neck of the wood (Mid Hudson Valley NY) or in areas which I had lived before (Michigan and Boston/Cambridge area). I have been to California and NY city many times but maybe did not stay long enough to know the shopping and personal grooming habit of some men to know whether they are metrosexual.

All I can say is that I am glad I did not marry a metrosexual and my daughter's boyfriend is not one either. I don't think metrosexuals are good savers. Years later, the broke, sad, bored and lonely old men sitting on the steps or benches in some upscale shopping stores could be the former metrosexuals ;-)
Like I wrote, I'm only part metrosexual.

For example I drive a truck.

Plus a few other non-metrosexual characteristics.

Truth be known, even though I do like to shop, these days, with all the crap that's taken over most stores, I don't find many opportunities to actually spend.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:06 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Thanks for the input! You made me feel much better for not doing anything!
You know the old saying, "The road to H*ll is paved with good intentions."

I understand your heart was in the right place but you never know when you approach people how they will respond. I always seem to have people talk to me on the bus, waiting for the bus, waiting in line and situations like that.

But I think when someone is eating by themselves, I wouldn't approach them. It just seems too forward. Eating alone is not a sad thing for many people. It's just something they do. I do it all the time.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:13 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
In the old days and in some places the ''old guys'' hang, or hung, out on the courthouse bench, down at the general store, at the golf course club house, or at the fishing hole. Better places than the mall and usually other ''old guys'' to hang out with and talk about the ''old days''.
The old guys are about the only ones talking with each other these days anyway. The most of the crowd is ''phone gazing''. Ugh.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:45 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,947,205 times
The old guys at the Mall are sad because the Bench in front of Victoria's Secret was filled -- with old guys who are not looking so sad.

Actually, if that's what they were looking for, the Mall is not the place to find it. They should hang out at Publix on Senior Citizen day and look for all the 59 year old ladies trying to get their discounts a year early.
Now there's a way to meet chicks !!

Old 11-18-2016, 08:29 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am not a mall person myself (even though I AM a woman) because I don't enjoy shopping or crowds, but I have to ask, Why do you even go in the first place? Is your wife such a delicate flower that she can't go to a mall alone? Can't she ask a friend who also enjoys shopping to go with her if she wants company?

It seems odd that you agree to go to the mall just so you can complain about it.
Everyone needs a hobby and something to live for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement