Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:00 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,980,429 times

Advertisements

Quoteth El Rosco:
As usual my friend you are wrong, please name one conservative study you have ever written about that you feel was accurate. In your eyes, if it's not in step with your political stance it's wrong or at best suspect.
You think one side is always correct and one side is alway incorrect, admit it, be honest.

Oh goody! We could do this all day! No, you name one liberal study you have ever written about that you feel was accurate. In your eyes, if it's not in step with Fox News/WPRO/Koch Bros. propoganda, it's wrong or at best suspect. You think one side is always....blah. I don't make assumptions about you, but I dare say I would gamble that I'm a bit more nuanced than you are. Funny though, how did this become a debate about me? I'm sure you didn't mean it so let's move on.

Next:Tea Party is not anti tax, they are for fair tax, and not redistribution of funds through high taxes. Try to listen to what they actually say, and stop relating "Boogie man" BUSH to everything.

I know all about the Tea Party. You make huge assumptions that you're part of some special club that a (moderate) Liberal like me couldn't possibly comprehend. Isn't that a little Ivory Tower of you? I thought that was reserved for people who listen to NPR all day and wanted to save the rainforest. I mean: You're righ Rosco, tell me all about the Tea Party, educate me. I'm just an ignorant little boy who doesn't understand anything! (I expect your next post to quote that last sentence sarcastically...) The fact of the matter is the Tea Party is not a group-think entity. You talk to some Tea Partiers who want to cut social security despite the fact that most Americans reject that notion. You have some Tea Partiers who don't want to cut Social Security, but then think they can magically shrink the deficit by cutting out $60 billion in discretionary spending. They're in fiscal la la land.

They're proganda arm is mainly financed by billionaire brothers who inherited the money their Dad made under Joseph Stalin (he was a REAL commie, not like this softie Obama). It's als hilarious they decry big Government to their hordes of colonial followers while cashing in on big government contracts from everything like the military, private prisons, etc. No big government there!

Ladyrantsalot: The father of the Koch brothers, Fred Koch, made his

Don't read that! Even though it has more web traffic than any other news site it happens to be liberal.

Oh, and I never mentioned Bush.

Next, are you trying to say RI has significantly less illegals compared to the states mentioned? Are you trying to say RI has less crime than these same States?

Yes.

Hurry, run and find a study!

Yeah, go and fin a study! har har! You and your fancy "facts" and stuff!

Are you really saying only states with high taxes have citizens that are educated? RI is at the lower end when it comes to the education of our children.

No, it isn't. If anyone wants to see a study on that one (you know, a non-biased official government study) I'll show them but we already know you'll just dismiss it so what's the point? (I know I said GOVERNMENT! Run away run away!)

Next: you state "plenty of states beat out RI" in other types of taxes. Please specifically name the type of taxes you speak of. Is it Federal taxes, that can't be. It must be state taxes...no. The taxes that effect the common folks are PROPERTY TAX.

Man, seriously STILL? Now I know you don't read my posts.

Does RI charge a yearly Auto tax...yes, do they charge tangible tax on business ...yes. Are they fee crazy on business...yes. Are they absurd on fire regulations...yes. does it charge $500.00 yearly to maintain a Corporation in RI...yes. What tax does RI not charge, that other states do charge? Does RI have extremely high property taxes..YES That is Fact, Even you can't spin that.

WHat part of this do you not understand: Data compiled by the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Tax Policy Center and the
Rockefeller Institute of Government rank Rhode Island’s state and local tax burden at
either 14, 20 or 32 depending on the specific method used

While ALL (emphasis mine) other tax-ranking sources place Rhode Island near the middle of the 50 states,
the Tax Foundation ranks Rhode Island near the top.

And this is just for fun:

The happiest places on Earth are heavily taxed Thomas Kostigen's Ethics Monitor - MarketWatch

My advise to you...get out of the "garage band phase of life" and put your capital at risk in some way. Invest in something besides a dirty little, coffee stained, computer. Harness some of your energy and take a giant step forward, see who and what stands in your way. I'll bet your views suddenly change.

Do we know each other? If I harness my energy and take a giant step forward will I still be grouching about how miserable I am where I live all day long? Oh wait, that's you. And I haven't been in a garage band since highschool but we were really good!

Finally I will leave this state on my terms, I hardly need the advise of some little "wet behind the ears"
liberal nerd.

Get off my lawn!

Oh, and keep your filthy Government hands off my Medicare while you're at it.

Last edited by Rnrboy; 02-26-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
RNRBOY, hey... let's mosey on down to the NC forum and start posting stuff like:

N.C. budget: Taxes up, services down : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis (http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/08/04/article/nc_budget_taxes_up_services_down - broken link)

What do you say???? How fast would the NC moderator shoot down the Yankee trolls?

OOOH I just noticed that certain posters just took their location out of their screen info.....
If someone is actually no longer in Rhode Island and bothers to post here, maybe they hate to admit they miss it?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 AM

605 posts, read 1,088,933 times
What it said is, taxes are slightly on the rise in NC. My question is, in comparison to what? Is it in comparison to there already low taxes. In that case it would make there tax situation fair.
What it does not say is NC now has the highest taxes in the Country.
By the way "the civil war is over"

Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM

605 posts, read 1,088,933 times
By the way...This is a quote from: "Retirement living Information Center."

States ranking highest in total taxes (Federal, State & Local) as a percent of income are: (1) Delaware, (2) Mississippi, (3) Arkansas, (4) Alaska, and (5) Rhode Island.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM

564 posts, read 1,864,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco917 View Post
By the way...This is a quote from: "Retirement living Information Center."

States ranking highest in total taxes (Federal, State & Local) as a percent of income are: (1) Delaware, (2) Mississippi, (3) Arkansas, (4) Alaska, and (5) Rhode Island.

They've obviously been co-opted by the Tea Party billionaire elite club
It's a conspiracy! duh!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 AM

OK, so all the other points I posted being ignored, you've named one unbiased study that supports your viewpoint - I've named three. Putting it charitably: There is room for doubt and ambiguity here for your argument.

And of course you did ignore the massive post I put forth on 2-26, but I expect that's because there wasn't much you could say.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 AM

9,214 posts, read 14,768,550 times
quote: By the way "the civil war is over"

Obviously, you've never lived in the South.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM

I'll second that!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:21 PM

38 posts, read 112,851 times
You need that tax to pay for all the old people in RI

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,417,110 times
RI must have more crooked politicians per square mile than the entire country. Just about twice a week there are reports of more getting thrown in jail or pleading guilty to fraud, bribery and corruption. It's a way of life there. No one should wonder why the "taxes are too da**ed high".

www.projo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island