Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 AM

2 posts, read 9,618 times

Advertisements

I hope I'm not intruding as this is my first time and first post in this forums! I am looking around for some info but I can't seem to to get any information.

I live in Coventry in Westwood Estates (for a year now) and the area is great. However I noticed that I don't get my water bills every 3 months like I used to when living in North Kingstown.

I lived in North Kingstown for about 2 years (my father rented out the house to me). The water bill used to run me $65-$75 dollars every 3 months and I would get the bill every 3 months. The house had 5 full bathrooms, the kitchen sink, a dishwasher, and an old washing machine that wasn't an energy efficient one. Every bathroom was used multiple times daily.

The new house in Coventry has 2 full bathrooms, kitchen sink, dishwasher, and energy efficient/low water washer.

The situation I'm in now is that the office of Westwood Estates gives us a bill after a year. All it has is a title that says Water and Sewer Usage Billing, the date which is 7/1/2010- 6/30/2011 (we moved in on 7/4/2010). Then it says 122 hundred cubic feet and the total amount due which is $2274.08!!

It breaks it down to 3 categories. Kent County water Authority ($682), Coventry Sewer ($676.99)and WMIA* ($915.08).

Can anybody tell me what WMIA is? They put an * after it but there's no explanation of what it could be.

Does this bill sound normal?

Thank you ahead for your patience and help!

Last edited by Essiekl; 07-14-2011 at 04:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 AM

9,283 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Presume it's waste management (garbage pickup). But why don't you just ask the management?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,936 times
I'd be interested in finding out what information you have regarding this issue.
I have a similar situation and can't seem to find the information on who sets the tax rates for the water outside of KCWA.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 PM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times
The sewer MAY be to pay for sewer lines, I've heard they charge for that (I'm hoping they never put them in my neighborhood!)

I use a LOTof water and my KCWA bill is no where near $682.00!

I'd talk to the office....

FWIW I get billed for and pay my KCWA bill quarterly....and check out whatever agreements for those things you signed, it should be spelled out there.

If you under a home owners association it should be all spelled out. it seems inordinately high, to me.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
I apologize for the very late reply but I found out what the WMIA is.
It stands for "Woodland Manor Improvement Association".

They explained it as being the "pump" that pumps out our sewage. But then what am I paying Coventry Sewer for?

Also Westwood won't give me detailed paperwork with my meter readings... Is there any way I can obtain that via Coventry City and Kent's water authority?

I used to live in North Kingstown before moving to Coventry and I paid $70 (so about $300 yearly) every 3 months in a house with 4 adults and 5 bathrooms that were being used daily with laundry being done three times a week.

In Coventry we do laundry once a week (using new water and energy saving machines) and run the dishwasher every other day. Showers are limited and short due to the hot water running out fast. I don't understand why the water bill is $682 yearly, more than double of North Kingstown!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 PM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times
Personally I'd demand a breakdown- that's insane! Wqay more than I pay in my house, a load of laundry a day and I fill my pool with the hose.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:51 PM

9,283 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Looks like it's a private sewer system that services your neighborhood.
I'd ask a lot of questions at Coventry Town Hall if I were you.

http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/menu/jud...OVEMENT_RR.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island