Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:26 PM

605 posts, read 1,092,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
One thing must critique and wonder about PVD is this one nasty little trick they do there that I have not seen anywhere else in my extensive travel in work and life. Why is it that PVD drivers feel when they come to an intersection, they don't stop at the stop sign but instead stop 2 to 4 ft past it effectively driving out into the intersection? That's really obnoxious, annoying, and dangerous. My wife and I used to call it "sticking their noses out". I've driven a million miles in a hundred metros and that ONLY happens in PVD. What's up with that?
Just not as "happy" as you I guess...but you loving Rhode Island forever and ever, is such a warming thought.
thank you, thank you, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 01:18 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSucksImLeaving View Post
My biggest gripe with living in California is the number of negative, rude, impatient and downright ANGRY people you see on a day to day basis.

You walk around, quietly just observe people and you get the sense that Californians can barely tolerate each other and any stranger is considered an @sshole until proven different and what miserable way to go through life THAT is for all concerned! Most people look like they are wound WAAY too tight and about ready to snap or go ballistic at any moment. This place must have the highest blood pressure stats in the nation!

I try to have a good attitude and give this place the benefit of the doubt, but then I go for a walk up my street and see a car getting honked at and getting the finger because they are trying to turn at an intersection. I walk a little further and see a man and woman having a conversation outside their cars on the shoulder of the road with the door wide open with cars and busses having to maneuver over the center line to get around them while they have this arrogant look on their faces to all the world like" what are YOU gonna do about it?" You accidentally make eye contact with someone around here and nine times out of ten you get a look or response back like "what are YOU lookin' at?"

Maybe it's just me, but I travel often and have lived in many other places and have never witnessed this degree of rude/angry people concentrated in one place. Also, a cursory look around this forum shows I am not alone.
Looks like this fraud is trying to troll the California forum now.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:02 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Looks like this fraud is trying to troll the California forum now.
Good catch. It shows just how pathetic some (not all) of the critics are on this board.

As for Old Man Winter, I must have definitely ticked him off!!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM

688 posts, read 2,134,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
As for Old Man Winter, I must have definitely ticked him off!!
Shovel Duty at the secret lab next time, good Sir.

Snow before Halloween...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island