U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 AM

7 posts, read 14,552 times

Advertisements

Just bought a house in Warwick (Pilgrim neighborhood) and wanted to know about elementary schools (good and bad) in the area and if anyone knows of any afterschool programs in the area. Do any of the schools have the afternoon programs right at the schools or are the children bussed to different programs? Thanks for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:49 AM

10,113 posts, read 13,903,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRICON0105 View Post
Just bought a house in Warwick (Pilgrim neighborhood) and wanted to know about elementary schools (good and bad) in the area and if anyone knows of any afterschool programs in the area. Do any of the schools have the afternoon programs right at the schools or are the children bussed to different programs? Thanks for any assistance.

Your Realtor should have all of that information that is specific to Warwick School System. There may also be some information on this site:
www.riliving.com

Or you can call the Warwick School Department regarding after school programs and bus routes.

I don't understand why anyone would purchase a home without first researching the area schools in a particular community.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM

6,161 posts, read 10,338,080 times
This might help you with specifics...

GreatSchools.org Search: warwick

Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 AM

People are so catty....I did the research BEFORE I purchased the house (they had two different schools my son MIGHT attend) I was looking for personal experiences and NO the warwick school department couldn't recommend any of the afterschool programs although they did give me some names. So again if anyone has USEFUL information in regards to their PERSONAL experiences with either Holliman or Norwood and if you know of an afterschool program that you'd recommend could you let me know? Thanks

I'll never understand why people who think they are so superior behind a computer screen even bother answering a question that is so beneath them.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 PM

We try to do the best we can to reply based on the small amount of information that is provided in the original post. I would have been helpful if you had explained what you said in the above post the first time around.

If the school department could not give you the proper information, it is highly unlikely any one of us has had the same or similar personal experiences you ask about. It seems that you have exhausted whatever resources you have been able to gather.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM

3 posts, read 14,249 times
Geez. The reason CAP asked was because he/she couldn't get information from the school. I thought that's what this message board was for--to ask about personal experiences. I'm moving to Rhode Island in about a year, and based upon many posts I've read on this forum, I'm scared to ask any questions.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,358,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiepeorgie43 View Post
Geez. The reason CAP asked was because he/she couldn't get information from the school. I thought that's what this message board was for--to ask about personal experiences. I'm moving to Rhode Island in about a year, and based upon many posts I've read on this forum, I'm scared to ask any questions.
Just ignore the "conservatives". They seem to hate qvuestions...I mean questions!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiepeorgie43 View Post

Well if they had said they already checked with the schools, obviously the reply would have different. You can't send out a 'blanket" generic question and expect to get specific replies.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM

OMG seriously find something productive to do with your life Quilter...I highly doubt your reply would have been any different. I apologize for not asking a question in the correct political format. How the hell would I know that someone in Warwick, RI living in the Pilgrim area would NOT be a member of this board?????? I asked a question on a forum because I wanted different inputs from personal experiences. I can certainly find statistics on any internet site. I certainly can ask the school department. But I wanted to know the good and the bad not the sales pitch and I did have specific questions in regards to the afterschool programs. Sorry my name isn't Miss Cleo and I didn't realize someone from the area I was interested in would not respond. Go make a quilt or something.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 AM

By the way went to another website where some Warwick residents actually ANSWERED my questions and gave me some useful information. Good luck with this website I'm all set with asking questions but if you ask a question about the Newport, Rhode Island area I will certainly give you answers and not some snarky comment!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island