Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
The world is just as fair to gays as it is to everyone else as long as everyone acts with dignity and makes a contribution to society.
Hets have a better-than 50% divorce rate. Sanctity of marriage be damned, huh? Thirteen and fourteen year old children with babies -- heterosexuals, mind you, and you speak of making a contribution to society? Where are the hetero parents?

Quote:
Life's just a bowl of cherries for everyone but homosexuals; evidently y'all didn't get the memo: heterosexuals and homosexuals have the same set of problems in daily life as everyone else. We don't blame our problems on not being gay. We pay our bills, do the best we can to earn a living, pay taxes, yada yada. We don't demand that homosexuals take on our problems.
What twaddle, WE pay taxes, WE pay our bills, WE work as well. But WE aren't equal to hets --- WE can't marry, WE can't enjoy the benefits of legal marriage such as taxes and other legal matters. And that seems OKAY with you? Good grief!

Quote:
If homosexuals didn't tear their clothes off, scream on the streets, make disgusting public displays, they wouldn't have to demand respect. Why gay folks don't keep their propensities to themselves is mind boggling. No one gives a hoot what you do in your own bedroom or wherever, just don't do it in public.
More right wing agit-prop from the lunatic right. Excuse me, but was the famous "wardrobe malfunction" a gay thing? Hetero sex mania is the currency of our culture -- just watch television or films if you want to see disgusting displays of disgusting heterosexual exposure.

Quote:
And leave the babies and children out of it. Don't screw up their impressionable minds. Go adopt a couple of puppies.

Gay "pride" ? acting out in public like a bunch of naked screaming banshees is called "lack of pride".

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2013 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: personal

Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
This is why many who are against same sex marriage need to come out of their outdated holier-than-thou closet, and join the 21st century. The fact is that to use the argument of "procreation" to deny same sex marriage is akin to saying that sex MUST only be for procreation....a ridiculous proposition in the day and age, seriously! I would go along with banning same sex marriage only if there is also a ban on all sexual activities that did not result in the creation of a baby. Welcome to the United States of Talibania...
These sad creatures, whether it relates to gay marriage, civil rights or any right the they deem beyond the pale are cut from the same cloth. They are rigid in their thinking, and lack compassion and clarity of thought. They really do hate America and want to see us fail as a nation, so great is their hatred of progress. Why they don't just deport themselves to North Korea is beyond my understanding -- they'd be so much happier there.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-22-2013 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: language/off topic

Old 01-20-2013, 04:09 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
If homosexuals didn't tear their clothes off, scream on the streets, make disgusting public displays, they wouldn't have to demand respect.

What? The gays that I know do not do this. You are hanging with the wrong crowd, lady! Public displays may be over the top, but the equal rights of a group should not be determined by that. Keep your prejudice to yourself, and dont look if you dont want to....unless you are personally curious!

"Why gay folks don't keep their propensities to themselves is mind boggling. No one gives a hoot what you do in your own bedroom or wherever, just don't do it in public."...

I think that's exactly what they want...to be treated like anyone else with all the attending rights and respect, and they will be like anyone else. When you deny equal provisions, those discriminated have the obligation to stand up for themselves (this is the American way!). Hence....the best way to make gays "disappear" for you is to give them all the same rights as everyone else....problems solved.

"And leave the babies and children out of it. Don't screw up their impressionable minds. Go adopt a couple of puppies."...

Screw up babies? You do know that all gay people came from supposedly heterosexual parents themselves? This is an utterly silly statement for this day and age. 2013.... not 1913!

As for Massnative....How tiresome that you would questioning my father's parenting skills. He is an excellent father, and soon he will be a great grandfather. Keep your dirty mind off this legitimate discussion.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:22 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Threads like this are a waste of time.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
If homosexuals didn't tear their clothes off, scream on the streets, make disgusting public displays, they wouldn't have to demand respect.

What? The gays that I know do not do this. You are hanging with the wrong crowd, lady! Public displays may be over the top, but the equal rights of a group should not be determined by that. Keep your prejudice to yourself, and dont look if you dont want to....unless you are personally curious!

"Why gay folks don't keep their propensities to themselves is mind boggling. No one gives a hoot what you do in your own bedroom or wherever, just don't do it in public."...

I think that's exactly what they want...to be treated like anyone else with all the attending rights and respect, and they will be like anyone else. When you deny equal provisions, those discriminated have the obligation to stand up for themselves (this is the American way!). Hence....the best way to make gays "disappear" for you is to give them all the same rights as everyone else....problems solved.
It really is that simple, isn't it? I think most rational, America-Loving folks understand this -- it's the radical, kooky far right that struggles with this. Their day is at an end; progress and human social evolution has overtaken their primitive, retrospective urges and tendencies. Sigh. Goodbye to all that, huh?

Tomorrow, America swears in -- for the second time -- a black progressive, compassionate and brilliant man. Who would have BELIEVED this to be possible even ten years ago? Who? Certainly not me. One day a gay man will place his hand on the bible and take the oath office. The only problem I see is how his partner is going to deal with being called "the first lady!"

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
As for Massnative....How tiresome that you would questioning my father's parenting skills.
Stop putting words in my mouth, or at least keep too personal information like that to yourself. Lighten up.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Threads like this are a waste of time.

Yes, they are. And this one has completely gone off the rails. a/k/a off topic.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
No surprise, this is what happens when posters drag individuals into the discussion and fail to address the actual topic.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM

From President Obama's Inaugural speech:

"Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law, for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal, as well."

God bless our president!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I was just going to mention adoption. Having 2 parents is better than 1 or none.

The benefits to society of marriage in general are well established. If you read through this from the Catholic Church and ignore any specific gender references, one can see that civil unions also represent a stabilizing force:

USCCB - (FLWY) - How Does Society Benefit From Strong Marriages?
Why would a non-Catholic beleive in a Catholic source? IMO your church lost credibility the day they started protecting pedophiles. When I went to the Vatican I was shocked at the wealth of the church..
but thats IMO.
A better source would be an academic journal or an established news media outlet or the APA
http://www.apa.org/about/policy/parenting.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island