Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 10:14 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Have you ever been to Manchester?
Yes. Have you ever been to Providence?

Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Yes. Have you ever been to Providence?
Probably more times than you (Manhattan boy).

Old 09-29-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Probably more times than you (Manhattan boy).
But you don't live here and have never lived here. I live here. As such, any impression you may have of the city is based on that of a tourist, at best. The impression that I have is based on actually, you know, living here? I think that trumps a tourist's view.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
But you don't live here and have never lived here. I live here. As such, any impression you may have of the city is based on that of a tourist, at best. The impression that I have is based on actually, you know, living here? I think that trumps a tourist's view.

Trump this Big Boy. The amount of time you have "lived" in Rhode Island (one year) is a pi$$hole in the snow compared to those of us who spent 55+ years and more of "living" there.

Since when does anyone need your permission to take part in this forum ?

Old 09-29-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Trump this Big Boy. The amount of time you have "lived" in Rhode Island (one year) is a pi$$hole in the snow compared to those of us who spent 55+ years and more of "living" there.

Since when does anyone need your permission to take part in this forum ?
My, such crude language for a Southern lady. Disappointing, indeed. I don't care if you lived here during the last Ice Age, you don't live here anymore. What part of that do you struggle with? Your day in Rhode Island is over: I live here, you don't live here, m'kay? Are you with me so far?

That's one. Two, where did I say one needs my permission to post here? Can you cite it with the eight digit digital wrapper and post it below?

Three, I will say, I do find it utterly bizarre that someone who moved away ten+ years ago still has this obsessive need to blather on and on. And not with fond recollections, but with endless hatred and negativity. You must not have been very happy up here either from the sound of it. Most people would have moved on a long, long time ago.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:42 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfieboy View Post
my, such crude language for a southern lady. Disappointing, indeed. i don't care if you lived here during the last ice age, you don't live here anymore. What part of that do you struggle with? Your day in rhode island is over: I live here, you don't live here, m'kay? Are you with me so far?

That's one. Two, where did i say one needs my permission to post here? Can you cite it with the eight digit digital wrapper and post it below?

Three, i will say, i do find it utterly bizarre that someone who moved away ten+ years ago still has this obsessive need to blather on and on. And not with fond recollections, but with endless hatred and negativity. You must not have been very happy up here either from the sound of it. most people would have moved on a long, long time ago.

lol!

Old 09-29-2013, 07:44 AM

^ The truth -- it's often painful. And I can assure you that my views are shared by many who do live here. I can see why you'd prefer not to address it. Address it or not, the facts remain.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Three, I will say, I do find it utterly bizarre that someone who moved away ten+ years ago still has this obsessive need to blather on and on. And not with fond recollections, but with endless hatred and negativity. You must not have been very happy up here either from the sound of it. Most people would have moved on a long, long time ago.
I find it utterly bizarre that you have made it your personal obsession to continually harass and berate her every chance you get. Hatred and negativity? Try looking in the mirror you hypocrite!
You say that you haven't explicitly stated that she doesn't have the right to post here but you continue to bully and harass her constantly which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do and then conveniently absolve yourself of any such intentions at the same time with childish semantics.

Oh.. and 55+ years versus one year makes YOU the tourist!

Last edited by voiceofreazon; 09-29-2013 at 08:03 AM..

Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I find it utterly bizarre that you have made it your personal obsession to continually harass and berate her every chance you get. Hatred and negativity? Try looking in the mirror you hypocrite!
You say that you haven't explicitly stated that she doesn't have the right to post here but you continue to bully and harass her constantly which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do and then conveniently absolve yourself of any such intentions at the same time with childish semantics.

Oh.. and 55+ years versus one year makes YOU the tourist!
Quote:
o "Saying something doesn't make it so" ?? HA HA HA HA!!! Try looking in the mirror and then re-read the response just above this one.

o "Try looking in the mirror"

o "She isn't picking a fight, YOU ARE! Look in the mirror."

o "You want to talk about judgmental? Look in the mirror.
You REALLY need some new material. But thanks for playing!

Old 09-29-2013, 08:48 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
You REALLY need some new material. But thanks for playing!

Wow. Collecting past posts? You really need a hobby or something else to occupy your time.
Yikes.

Why don't you spend some time enjoying the city you profess to love so much?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: TOS violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island