Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times

Advertisements

He should drop out.
Has absolutely no chance of beating Ken Block.

Mayor Fung opens up about deadly accident | WPRI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Do we know any more of the circumstances? Police report, was breathalyzer taken? I'm sure those details will surface later in the campaign.

It's a touchy subject around here. But everybody knows that were this a Democrat, he would slide right in no problem. But for a Republican to have that kind of baggage, I would have to agree with you. He is done.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:51 PM

4,389 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Do we know any more of the circumstances? Police report, was breathalyzer taken? I'm sure those details will surface later in the campaign.

It's a touchy subject around here. But everybody knows that were this a Democrat, he would slide right in no problem. But for a Republican to have that kind of baggage, I would have to agree with you. He is done.
I think this would finish most anyone - especially since he claims he just passed out at the wheel and doesn't know why. Still?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I think this would finish most anyone - especially since he claims he just passed out at the wheel and doesn't know why. Still?
I thought that was Patrick Kennedy's M.O..

Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM

4,389 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I thought that was Patrick Kennedy's M.O..
Are you saying Fung was on Ambien?

I thought Fung didn't have any explanation for why he suddenly lost consciousness. That's a concern, isn't it?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
You know, I've never understood why people hold a politician to sainthood standards when all that matters is his political record. I don't care about the accident he had when he fell asleep at the wheel at 18 returning from studying at college, don't care about any affairs he might have had or his sexual orientation, don't give a fig if he's a Buddhist or a Jew, don't care if he hates dogs, don't care if he smoked pot when he was 12,* or any other supposed personal failing. It's like the people who hate Obama for the crime of being black.

Why be so quick to be judge, jury, and high executioner? Fung seems like a well meaning sort and his record in Cranston is overall pretty good. Last I checked we don't have any saints running for office.

* for all you literalists- these are fictional with the exception of the car accident

Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You know, I've never understood why people hold a politician to sainthood standards when all that matters is his political record. I don't care about the accident he had when he fell asleep at the wheel at 18 returning from studying at college, don't care about any affairs he might have had or his sexual orientation, don't give a fig if he's a Buddhist or a Jew, don't care if he hates dogs, don't care if he smoked pot when he was 12,* or any other supposed personal failing. It's like the people who hate Obama for the crime of being black.

Why be so quick to be judge, jury, and high executioner? Fung seems like a well meaning sort and his record in Cranston is overall pretty good. Last I checked we don't have any saints running for office.

* for all you literalists- these are fictional with the exception of the car accident
Probably something to do with Character, and how judge it and once you do, how important is it in a leader. Of course such things as skin color and sexual orientation have nothing to do with Character. But, what you can control does.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:13 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

I agree with you. The inverse is it's just as stupid when you don't agree with a politician's policies but like his personality. (Chris Christie in NJ comes to mind.)

However, I don't think Fung would make a good Governor.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Probably something to do with Character, and how judge it and once you do, how important is it in a leader. Of course such things as skin color and sexual orientation have nothing to do with Character. But, what you can control does.

It was an accident. Granted, a terrible accident that happened many years ago, and surely he has and will continue to pay the price of his conscience for the rest of his life.

For all, a reminder of the Indian proverb:

"Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes."

Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Accidents are by their nature are beyond our control. Character is demonstrated in how we re-act. I haven't seen anything in Mayor Fung's reaction that would fault his Character today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island