Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 11:53 AM

4,215 posts, read 3,094,207 times

Advertisements

I think this is a great idea. A free mini golf course is in the works for Dexter Field, from July 10 to October 31. Each hole will be designed by a different artist or group of artists, and they're still accepting design submissions. The course will be free, but donations will be accepted for local charities.

PVD Putt Putt

And this, folks, is a prime example of why I love Providence. It's quirky, artsy, fun, DIY, grass roots - all the best things about PVD. Much like the the Providence Kickball league that I guess the mini golf course will have to share space with. Any town could have an soccer league or a softball league, but only PVD would have a kickball league where creativity is de rigueur and there are penalties for spilling beer. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 PM

61 posts, read 85,138 times
I love this idea! Really cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,811,526 times
Argh! I can't get to this site because it is newly created and blocked by my company.

Where is Dexter Park? Sorry, still not familiar with everything in the area.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:28 PM

4,215 posts, read 3,094,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Argh! I can't get to this site because it is newly created and blocked by my company.

Where is Dexter Park? Sorry, still not familiar with everything in the area.
It's aka as Dexter Training Grounds, behind the old National Guard Armory on Cranston St. Parade runs alongside one side of the park and Dexter on the other, between Cranston St and Westminster St.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,811,526 times
thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island