Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 PM

548 posts, read 816,306 times

Advertisements

>"They were allegations, clearly the court didn't buy them."

Buddy struck a plea deal, so we have no idea what a judge or a jury would have thought about the charges other than assault. On the one hand, true, sometimes prosecutors drop charges because they doubt they will stick. But on the other hand, it's also entirely routine to drop charges with slam dunk, dead to rights evidence backing them up. Dropped charges in a plea deal provide no evidence one way or the other on how good the case was for those charges.

One question, if Cianci is clearly the guy who will energize business in Providence, why is the downtown business community generally against him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 09:03 PM

4,389 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Buddy was convicted of assault. Not kidnapping, not abuse of police powers. Stop trying to constantly twist it into something it's not.
I never said he was convicted of misuse of police - is that even a real charge? He was indicted on charges of assault, kidnapping and attempted extortion. In the plea bargain, he pled guilty to assault in exchange for the other charges being dropped.

The misuse of police was just a common sense statement, IMO - police shouldn't be used to prevent your victim from leaving your house during an assault. They had no place being involved with that personal mess.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:45 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
“Part of my leadership you’re going to see in this campaign is how to combat the millionaires, as he (Harrop) is one of them, trying to stop me from being mayor of the City of Providence,” Cianci shot back.
Cianci referred to reports that a so-called “Super PAC” was being formed to raise upwards of $1 million to counteract his campaign for mayor.
“They’re raising money not to build a school, not to rehabilitate a school, not to give a million dollars that they have to Hasbro Children’s Hospital. They’re raising money to just do one thing, character assassinate me,” said Cianci to the applause of about three dozen campaign supporters.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:52 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball

They’re raising money to just do one thing, character assassinate me,” said Cianci to the applause of about three dozen campaign supporters.[/i]
One has to have a moral character in order to assassinate it. The Twice Convicted Felon protests too much.

And three dozen supporters! My my my! All ambulanced in from Shady Pines in Warwick, no doubt.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I never said he was convicted of misuse of police - is that even a real charge? He was indicted on charges of assault, kidnapping and attempted extortion. In the plea bargain, he pled guilty to assault in exchange for the other charges being dropped.

The misuse of police was just a common sense statement, IMO - police shouldn't be used to prevent your victim from leaving your house during an assault. They had no place being involved with that personal mess.
Indicted does not equal a conviction or guilt. No one will really ever know what happened on that night. It is one man's word against the other. Let's now focus on which candidate is best for the future of Providence.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
“Part of my leadership you’re going to see in this campaign is how to combat the millionaires, as he (Harrop) is one of them, trying to stop me from being mayor of the City of Providence,†Cianci shot back.
Cianci referred to reports that a so-called “Super PAC†was being formed to raise upwards of $1 million to counteract his campaign for mayor.
“They’re raising money not to build a school, not to rehabilitate a school, not to give a million dollars that they have to Hasbro Children’s Hospital. They’re raising money to just do one thing, character assassinate me,†said Cianci to the applause of about three dozen campaign supporters.
When Buddy says he'll revitalize the Broad St. corridor, I believe it (and it sure does need it). He did everything else he set out to do. All progress pretty much stopped when he was forced out.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
All ambulanced in from Shady Pines in Warwick, no doubt.
Respecting your elders as always, enough with the hate and bigotry please (or even better, stop posting here).

Old 09-22-2014, 01:24 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
One has to have a moral character in order to assassinate it. The Twice Convicted Felon protests too much.

And three dozen supporters! My my my! All ambulanced in from Shady Pines in Warwick, no doubt.

Can't you just focus on the truth about what he said; raising money to character assassinate instead of giving to worthy charities ! And what is your problem with continually harping on the character and worth of people over 65 ? Maybe you need professional help for that dark side of yourself. You do have parents we assume. Would they be ashamed of your rants on a public forum if they are still walking the earth ... or.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
I think Buddy will win. When the people show up they won't be able to
resist the lure ... when they see that name on the ballot... it's over.
Be Ready.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:51 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Respecting your elders as always, enough with the hate and bigotry please (or even better, stop posting here).
Ah, "gutter" ring a bell? You're a fine one to talk about "hatred and bigotry!" Did you buy CD? If not, mind your own bidness (can just imagine what that might be)

I vote in this election; you don't. I live with the consequences of this maniac's governance; you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Can't you just focus on the truth about what he said; raising money to character assassinate instead of giving to worthy charities ! And what is your problem with continually harping on the character and worth of people over 65 ? Maybe you need professional help for that dark side of yourself. You do have parents we assume. Would they be ashamed of your rants on a public forum if they are still walking the earth ... or.
"Worthy charities?" LOL! This from a twice-convicted felon who admitted that his signature "worthy charity," his sauce, never raised a dime for -- wait, wait -- charity!

No, my parents are long gone. They immolated themselves when The Great Satan, Ronnie Reagan, was elected.

Last edited by AlfieBoy; 09-22-2014 at 04:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island