Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:00 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
When did anyone here say that, regarding Buddy or anybody for that matter? This thread is all about what is best for Providence going forward.
Nobody said that or even came close to saying it, but there have been responses to the effect of, "Well, that guy had it coming" when Buddy's detractors bring up the fact that he burned someone with a cigarette. That's just one example. See, to me, there is never an excuse, ever, to burn someone with a cigarette, except in self-defense, I guess. Now, I could understand a defense like, "Sure, he had his moments of weakness, but that was a long time ago and he's changed" -- not to say I'd agree with it, but I'd understand it. I see implying the guy had it coming as an indicator that the writer is unwilling to accept that Cianci could possibly make mistakes and do anything wrong, and that gives me license to dismiss anything else that writer says. It goes both ways -- there are negative things that have been said about Cianci that are an indicator to me that I should dismiss all future arguments by that writer as well.

Quote:
I honestly don't know who you are referring to (if anyone in particular), but I am an Independent who owes nothing to either party.
I've definitely thought of you as one of the conservative posters around here. Of course, I don't know you, and I don't know how or what you think, so I have to make judgments based on what I've read here. I can't recall hearing you express any left-of-center beliefs or opinions, though, at the risk of repeating myself, there certainly may be some that you hold but haven't posted .

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-13-2014 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 05:51 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

Boy, i do wish there were some stronger candidates.
Me too and I'm sure there are many me threes.....

Old 10-22-2014, 03:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Lawyers for independent candidate Vincent A. “Buddy” Cianci filed a complaint with the R.I. Board of Elections Wednesday accusing a prominent East Side political figure of breaking a slew of campaign finance laws, including one that prohibits third-party advocacy groups from coordinating directly with campaigns.
In a letter to the board, Cianci’s lawyers claim Myrth York, a former state senate and three-time Democratic gubernatorial candidate, coordinated with Democratic mayoral hopeful Jorge Elorza before paying for $25,000 worth of commercials that attack Cianci. York’s group is called Priorities PVD.
Cianci is represented by John Mancini and Michael A. Kelly, two prominent Providence lawyers.
(1 hour ago)

Cianci files complaint against group attacking him in ad | wpri.com

perennial loser Myrth York now has a legal problem.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Lawyers for independent candidate Vincent A. “Buddy” Cianci filed a complaint with the R.I. Board of Elections Wednesday accusing a prominent East Side political figure of breaking a slew of campaign finance laws, including one that prohibits third-party advocacy groups from coordinating directly with campaigns.
In a letter to the board, Cianci’s lawyers claim Myrth York, a former state senate and three-time Democratic gubernatorial candidate, coordinated with Democratic mayoral hopeful Jorge Elorza before paying for $25,000 worth of commercials that attack Cianci. York’s group is called Priorities PVD.
Cianci is represented by John Mancini and Michael A. Kelly, two prominent Providence lawyers.
(1 hour ago)

Cianci files complaint against group attacking him in ad | wpri.com

perennial loser Myrth York now has a legal problem.
I didn't know convicted felons who enjoyed "three hots and a cot" on the federal dollar had legal rights. Huh. Learn something new every day. And over $25k? Shoot, old Buddles "Inmate 0700-0500" Cianci took that much in on shakedowns, job-selling, and various other criminal acts in a day! Me thinks the septuagenarian baldy protest too darned much.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:44 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Providence, RI...... where even the Republican candidate for Mayor
votes for his Democratic "opponent".

GoLocalProv | NEW: GOP Candidate Harrop Says He Will Vote For Democrat Elorza

Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
A bullet for the East Side...

Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM

4,389 posts, read 3,193,342 times
^You know, I was prepared to congratulate you if your guy won. I didn't know whether or not you would be gracious in a loss (that really has nothing to do with you), but I certainly didn't expect to come here and see death wishes for a community.

Step back and take a deep breath and try again.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
^You know, I was prepared to congratulate you if your guy won. I didn't know whether or not you would be gracious in a loss (that really has nothing to do with you), but I certainly didn't expect to come here and see death wishes for a community.

Step back and take a deep breath and try again.
Hahaha, it was a knee jerk reaction; kind of like a bad call during the game or when a good pass gets intercepted... Cause you're right, it really has nothing to do with me. I would however, like to see Providence rise again. I truly believed Buddy was the one to make that happen (if anybody was). So congrats to Elorza, even though I know it will be 4 more years of the same and the city will continue to slide.

You know.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:05 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,339 times
Quote:
Hahaha, it was a knee jerk reaction; kind of like a bad call during the game or when a good pass gets intercepted... Cause you're right, it really has nothing to do with me. I would however, like to see Providence rise again. I truly believed Buddy was the one to make that happen (if anybody was). So congrats to Elorza, even though I know it will be 4 more years of the same and the city will continue to slide.

You know.
Luckily for you (and us), you don't live here. I'm not going to claim Providence is perfect, I know the city has tons of work to do, but the idea that Buddy would fix it was ridiculous from the very beginning. I'm glad my neighbors were smart enough to see this and that they vote.

Cheers from the East Side

Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
Luckily for you (and us), you don't live here. I'm not going to claim Providence is perfect, I know the city has tons of work to do, but the idea that Buddy would fix it was ridiculous from the very beginning. I'm glad my neighbors were smart enough to see this and that they vote.

Cheers from the East Side
Well be rest assured that it's not just you wine and cheesers, RIers across the state expected different results by voting the same. We all know how that ends...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island