Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:02 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Now you've gone over the edge Alfie.
Now? Now?! Where have you been?

I apologize if my comments may have caused any discomfort to the forum.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:36 PM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Alfie, you bring a strange balance to the discussions on this forum. So stick around. While the RI residents here tend to be moderates or tilt left, the outspoken out-of-staters who contribute lean well to the right.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:43 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Alfie, you bring a strange balance to the discussions on this forum. So stick around. While the RI residents here tend to be moderates or tilt left, the outspoken out-of-staters who contribute lean well to the right.
Such as who?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Such as who?
Uh, I wonder... And there's nothing necessarily wrong with being an extremist on a relatively liberal forum, extremism does get noticed. But I don't think you're extreme, just, well, different.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:00 PM

49 posts, read 84,859 times
I think the site rate my cop should be brought back.
What do you think?

Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 AM

49 posts, read 84,859 times
Mass native,
He died because he was overweight and got pepper sprayed? Please explain. Wasn't that your excuse for the NY victim? That he was over weight? Has it escaped your attention that most of America is over weight? That means that most of the people that the cops come in contact with are over weight. If cops are not intelligent enough or educated enough to be able to handle over weight people then they really have no business being cops. If cops are too incompetent to be able to handle an unruly person then they also have no business being cops.
Are you a cop "policing" this forum so that you can try to shame protestors and people that have a problem with the way that some of you perform your job?
Why are cops so dellusional?
Why wouldn't they expect a mentally unstable person, an intoxicated person, etc to resist arrest?
Don't you think that it is logical to assume that certain types of people will resist?
Don't you think that it is common sense that certain types of people will resist?
Don't you think that it is good judgement to assume that certain types of people will resist?
Why do cops act so shocked when certain types of people resist when it should be expected that they will resist?
Why don't cops take responsibility for their own short comings and the fact that they are incompetent instead of blaming it on someone's weight?
You can't blame the victims weight or their unruly behavior. There are plenty of other people that are capable of handling people like that.
What would your excuse be if these people had been thin?
If you are trying to make cops look intelligent you are failing miserably.
You also seemed very passionate in your response to the story I told. Were you there? What makes you an expert?
And how come when ever cops kill someone they always lie and say that the person died in the back of the cruiser?
In your world do you think that makes you less liable for your actions?
Why do cops always tell that same lie?

Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessamichaels View Post
Mass native,
He died because he was overweight and got pepper sprayed? Please explain. Wasn't that your excuse for the NY victim? That he was over weight? Has it escaped your attention that most of America is over weight? That means that most of the people that the cops come in contact with are over weight. If cops are not intelligent enough or educated enough to be able to handle over weight people then they really have no business being cops. If cops are too incompetent to be able to handle an unruly person then they also have no business being cops.
Are you a cop "policing" this forum so that you can try to shame protestors and people that have a problem with the way that some of you perform your job?
Why are cops so dellusional?
Why wouldn't they expect a mentally unstable person, an intoxicated person, etc to resist arrest?
Don't you think that it is logical to assume that certain types of people will resist?
Don't you think that it is common sense that certain types of people will resist?
Don't you think that it is good judgement to assume that certain types of people will resist?
Why do cops act so shocked when certain types of people resist when it should be expected that they will resist?
Why don't cops take responsibility for their own short comings and the fact that they are incompetent instead of blaming it on someone's weight?
You can't blame the victims weight or their unruly behavior. There are plenty of other people that are capable of handling people like that.
What would your excuse be if these people had been thin?
If you are trying to make cops look intelligent you are failing miserably.
You also seemed very passionate in your response to the story I told. Were you there? What makes you an expert?
And how come when ever cops kill someone they always lie and say that the person died in the back of the cruiser?
In your world do you think that makes you less liable for your actions?
Why do cops always tell that same lie?
Well apparently the Grand Jury felt otherwise, I take it you have more facts than they do...

You clearly have an issue with law enforcement. Care to explain where that came from? Hatred can only harm you, and I will keep you in my prayers.

I also wish you wouldn't take offense to my noting the weight of these two subjects. My reason for mentioning that factor was to distinguish that they died for medical reasons rather than excessive force by the police (an officer or reasonable person would not expect an individual to suffer that fate when using those particular take-down methods). I have nothing against overweight people, none of us are perfect. I try to address my flaws (everyday is a new day). For example, if overweight do without that pizza for lunch. Forget about that "Extra Extra" in your DD iced coffee (tastes nasty anyway). Do a brisk walk every night after work. Those things will do you much better than playing the victim on this forum. Your life should be longer as well, and you probably won't suffer the fate of Garner by having your life needlessly cut short.

Last edited by massnative71; 12-11-2014 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 12-11-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Well apparently the Grand Jury felt otherwise, I take it you have more facts than they do...

You clearly have an issue with law enforcement. I will keep you in my prayers.

I also wish you wouldn't take offense to my noting the weight of these two subjects. My reason for mentioning that factor was to distinguish that they died for medical reasons rather than excessive force by the police (an officer or reasonable person would not expect an individual to suffer that fate when using those particular take-down methods). I have nothing against overweight people, none of us are perfect. I try to address my flaws (everyday is a new day). For example, if overweight do without that pizza for lunch. Forget about that "Extra Extra" in your DD iced coffee (tastes nasty anyway). Do a brisk walk every night after work. Those things will do you much better than playing the victim on this forum. Your life should be longer as well, and you probably won't suffer the fate of Garner by having your life needlessly cut short.
Says Mister "Time To Make The Donuts!" The cop that killed "the fat man" isn't out of the woods -- not by a long shot. That you always, always come down on the side of "authority" says to me that you are an "authoritarian," and your views should be viewed through that prism. Still time to catch that flight to Tehran!

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-11-2014 at 04:39 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Says Mister "Time To Make The Donuts!" The cop that killed "the fat man" isn't out of the woods -- not by a long shot. That you always, always come down on the side of "authority" says to me that you are an "authoritarian," and your views should be viewed through that prism. Still time to catch that flight to Tehran!
If only they brought "Fred the Baker" back...

He took pride in his work.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
If only they brought "Fred the Baker" back...

He took pride in his work.
LOL! STOP IT, you're killing me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island