Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 11:49 AM

4,262 posts, read 3,121,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
^ Otay!

We who are about to die salute you. (what movie is that from? I know -- do you?)

Have to do this -- got to get right with the Lord. Uh, my BF, who is out of the of the country right now and works at Brown is going to be in for a surprise, dontchaknow! He loves me and knows I'm, you know, a little serendipitous, but this is really pushing the relationship! Oh, Gawd! "Lucy, you have some 'splaining to do!" LOL!
Oh my...good luck with that! What part of the Armory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 01:27 PM

23,211 posts, read 18,375,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Luckily, some people are capable of drinking without getting blasted. Alf strikes me as the sort who goes to a pub for the conversation & social interaction, not to get out of his head. Nothing worse than a staggering drunk who can't handle the drink.
You mean the same Alf who had that "hint of a hangover" this morning?

But I agree, there is nothing worse than overindulgence.

To his defense, perhaps he was celebrating a special occasion. Or just that his days in living up there with the bourgeois are finally coming to an end.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:06 PM

3,624 posts, read 2,623,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Interesting defined as an edge. The Armory has an edge CH can't even league. And, I don't mean danger, but an edge in the bohemian sense. The people I know who live there love it. It has been successful as a neighborhood because it has never pursued a bourgeois gentrification, but instead genuinely glorified its obvious diversity. The excellent neighborhood association, lead by Carrie Lang has had no small part in making the neighborhood what it is today. I think you're making a great move!
I second all of this. Well, I don't know too much about what Kari Lang, et al have done with West Broadway Neighborhood Association... but I have heard they have been very active.

Last edited by ormari; 02-22-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 04:59 PM

7,939 posts, read 4,604,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I second all of this. Well, I don't know too much about what Kari Lang, et al have done with West Broadway Neighborhood Association... but I have heard they have been very active.
Kari (not Carrie, thanks for correction) has lead WBNA for many years. The organization's vision and tenacity account for its longevity and the neighborhood's incredible success.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:11 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,439,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Luckily, some people are capable of drinking without getting blasted. Alf strikes me as the sort who goes to a pub for the conversation & social interaction, not to get out of his head. Nothing worse than a staggering drunk who can't handle the drink.
Yeah, that's pretty much me. I knew M "Time To Make The Donuts" N would wet himself over this thread. Sort of sad, really.

Had a couple of shots of Patron last night and I'm not used to much hard alcohol, apart from the very occasional Stoli martini.

I'm doing the Armory because I have to get real with my life -- I just have it too easy. Maybe sounds crazy, but there it is. And if I hate it, I can move. Time to shake things up a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island