Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 862 times

Advertisements

hi everyone!

my partner and I are moving from Riverside to the Federal Hill area (looking for somewhere closer to downtown, so we don't have to drive to work anymore). we had been looking at an apartment on Federal Hill, but it was given to another bidder. the new place our realtor is showing us is a place on Ridge St. I was wondering if anyone knows if that's a good spot on the Hill to live?

thanks!
AR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 02:05 PM

108 posts, read 181,865 times
Hello!

I personally would stay away from Ridge street. It can get a bit dicey around there. If i had to set a rough boarder i would say here's a quick rule of thumb for Fed Hill. I define Fed hill as the n'hood between Atwells and Broadway and bewteen say Tobey and Dean st or that service road off the highway.

I am not sure what your definition of the Fed Hill area is but here's a quick cheat sheet for those that live in the area.

West Side

Fed Hill:
Between Dean and Knight st pretty much anywhere between Atwells and Broadway.
After Knight st i would stick to Grove St and maybe Ring but that is a judgement call.

Broadway Corridor
This is basically between Broadway and Westminster. Anywhere between these two from Dean st to Barton is very desirable. Some streets are better than others but this is one of the hot areas in Providence to live.

Armory
Between Westminster and Cranston st. and Hammond st and Service road.
This is a bit harder but if you stay between Messer and Hammond and Westminster and Cranston you'll be in the core Armory area. West of Messer can get hit/miss depending on the street.

Each of these three areas has their own feel so best of luck in the search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island