Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:52 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,453,392 times

Advertisements

Where everyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcE0KhcCCY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:55 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,778,512 times
I was the last commenter on the RI section of the forum for about 4 days over the past week. I was tired of scrolling past my name. C'mon people, I know it hit 90 so you are all inside in the air conditioning!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I was the last commenter on the RI section of the forum for about 4 days over the past week. I was tired of scrolling past my name. C'mon people, I know it hit 90 so you are all inside in the air conditioning!
I suspect half of the usuals are on vac and the half of the unusuals are actively aiding and abetting ISIS infiltration of our capital city...

Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,052,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I suspect half of the usuals are on vac and the half of the unusuals are actively aiding and abetting ISIS infiltration of our capital city...
no they are learning to speak German first!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:21 PM

^ Figures.

Some so-called "people" just love to hate America, and, by extension, Rhode Island.

I was reading in the New Yorker that Frank Sinatra would be 100 years old this month, had he lived, of course. Thank God for Tony Bennett, who roars on. Has Bennett ever performed in RI -- anyone know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287BvpPu2SY

Old 09-10-2015, 02:52 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,582,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Has Bennett ever performed in RI -- anyone know?
When I was somewhere around 13-14 I saw Tony Bennett
at the Tent (aka) Warwick Musical Theatre.
The stage would slowly spin so there was not a bad seat in the house.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:33 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,520,370 times
Yes sir, we saw him there too Snowball. The Warwick Musical Theater, it was great! Saw Liberace, Diana Ross, Robert Goulet, Dionne Warwick, Peggy Lee, Tony Bennett, Kenny Rogers, a couple of magicians (?), so many others I can't recall and most of them twice over the years. We may have had season tickets, there were so many good shows it was usually packed all summer. (Also saw Frank Sinatra every time he was in Providence, and had front row seats. At his birthday show I remember looking right into those blue eyes ! It was worth the $300 tickets.) Also when he had the Rat Pack there (at what is now the Dunk Center).

Old 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
When I was somewhere around 13-14 I saw Tony Bennett
at the Tent (aka) Warwick Musical Theatre.
The stage would slowly spin so there was not a bad seat in the house.
That would have been great. I prefer female jazz vocalists like Sarah Vaughan, Betty Carter and Carmen McRae, and others who died before even I was born but whose recordings live on, but I do hope the opportunity to see Bennett arises. Not a fan of the faux so-called "performers" like Liberace or Robert Goulet -- they tend to appeal to those who lack culture and who think Rodgers and Hammerstein were opera composers.

Be great to have a Bennett concert on the lawn of the state capital! Maybe Annie and Fannie or Amos and Andy or whatever the cheap jewelry makers are called would sponsor it.

Last edited by AlfieBoy; 09-10-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,520,370 times
Tony Bennett comes to Asheville often; have seen him a few times at The Biltmore Estate concert series. It is rumored that he also has a stunning home here in the mountains. But he is done with touring at this point.

Also saw the Beach Boys there 2 summers ago on their 50th anniversary tour. Not sure if they ever played in Providence though.

Those "tents" were always packed up north .... two on Cape Cod and one in Cohasset. Saw that big fat slob Roseanne Barr there in Cohasset. Sitting in the front rows, you could smell her B.O. Awful creature.
The Theatre by the Sea in Narragansett is very good also for some musical plays; and PPAC, I do like PPAC depending on what is playing when we're up there.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Tony Bennett comes to Asheville often; have seen him a few times at The Biltmore Estate concert series. It is rumored that he also has a stunning home here in the mountains. But he is done with touring at this point.

Inaccurate information. he's touring indeed. I do wonder where oh where you get your information...

United States Of America (1 - 10 of 12)
Date Location Event Details Find Tickets
SEP
SUN
Indiana University Auditorium
Bloomington, IN
08:00 PM
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
OCT
FRI
Centennial Hall
Tucson, AZ
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
OCT
SUN
The Palace Theatre Albany
Albany, NY
07:00 PM
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
OCT
MON
The Smith Center
Las Vegas, NV
07:30 PM
40th Anniversary- Tony Bennett & Bill Evans
Details: Tony Bennett, Bill Evans See Tickets
on Partner Site
OCT
FRI
Harrah's Cherokee Resort Event Center
Cherokee, NC
09:00 PM
Tony Bennett
Details: Tony Bennett, Antonia Bennett See Tickets
OCT
SAT
Ovens Auditorium
Charlotte, NC
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
NOT MANY LEFT
NOV
THU
New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Newark, NJ
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
NOV
FRI
New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Newark, NJ
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
NOV
FRI
NYCB Theatre at Westbury
Westbury, NY
Tony Bennett
See Tickets
on Live Nation
NOV
SAT
NYCB Theatre at Westbury
Westbury, NY
Tony Bennett

Sure would be nice to see PVD on this list...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island