Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 08:11 AM

38 posts, read 44,939 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any vets that work with low income families? My dog has surgery on her leg which has cost us $5000+ at this point and we've become just so strapped for money to bring her to follow ups and other appointments at a couple hundred a piece. I've already applied for care credit and charged to the limit they gave me and used up to my limit on my personal credit card.

Are there any vets around that work with families that are struggling to make ends meet and don't have the kind of money or programs/grants, anything really to help us get her the care she needs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 12:06 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmariem5 View Post
Anyone know of any vets that work with low income families? My dog has surgery on her leg which has cost us $5000+ at this point and we've become just so strapped for money to bring her to follow ups and other appointments at a couple hundred a piece. I've already applied for care credit and charged to the limit they gave me and used up to my limit on my personal credit card.

Are there any vets around that work with families that are struggling to make ends meet and don't have the kind of money or programs/grants, anything really to help us get her the care she needs?

Try calling the RI SPCA in Providence. The Director is Dr. Finocchio, (sp?) a retired vet. He is very charitable, and should be able to refer you to someone. Also, call the Potter League for Animals in Middletown RI. The people there may be able to refer you. (I would speak with management, not the girl who answers the phone.) These are large facilities and they have vets on staff with big hearts. Sorry for your problems with your precious pet, keep faith.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:54 PM

38 posts, read 44,939 times
Thank you! I will look into these options, it's been very hard. We thought coming up with the surgery money was enough but there's so much more to go. Hopefully, one of these will help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island