Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 01:49 PM

20 posts, read 19,299 times

Advertisements

Hi, There are so many wonderful restaurants in Providence. I was wondering if you have noticed any that cater well to gluten free diets? Not the 'yes, we have carrots in the back somewhere variety,' but the 'we actually know what celiac disease is and will try not to kill you' kind. I've been pleasantly surprised in several restaurants but have yet to find a good resource that lists them as Yelp and FindMeGF tend to list anything that sells anything that is GF (which doesn't always mean a satisfying meal). Any recommendations would be most welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 01:53 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,146,398 times
Not Providence, but it's Rhode Island, so nothing's very far away: The restaurant in the state that is most frequently praised for its gluten-free offerings is easily Blackie's Bull Dog Tavern in Smithfield, which has an extensive gluten-free menu. They'll actually ask you if you need it when you walk in, and then they'll hand you a separate menu that's more or less the same size as the main menu.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:56 PM

Thanks! I'll check it out this weekend. I've not been to Smithfield yet, anyway.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:01 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,146,398 times
It's pretty rural around there, but beautiful, and only about 20 minutes from Providence. Let us know what you thought -- it's a very popular place, so you'll probably be looking at a wait.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:36 PM

3,730 posts, read 2,674,295 times
I don't follow a gluten free diet, and really don't know anyone locally who does. Keep that in mind as I throw out these ideas:

It's a couple of years old now, but RI Monthly had a list of local places that cater to Gluten-Free dieters: The Dish: Gluten-Free Goodness - ridaily blog - January 2014 - Rhode Island

Not too long ago, I noticed a newish place in Rolfe Square in Cranston with a sign in their window indicating that they have Gluten Free offerings. It's called Diversi Pizzeria Ristorante.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:45 PM

Thanks, ormari! I had not seen that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: