Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:11 AM

17 posts, read 29,341 times

Advertisements

So...new resident to The Ocean State, I went to get a RI Driver’s License over two weeks ago. Still haven’t received it in the mail. Is this standard? Just wondering when I should start calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 08:11 AM

325 posts, read 311,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally_Point View Post
So...new resident to The Ocean State, I went to get a RI Driver’s License over two weeks ago. Still haven’t received it in the mail. Is this standard? Just wondering when I should start calling.
Welcome to Rhode Island!

Old 10-08-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I don't know where you're from or why you're here, but you've come to a very strange place indeed. You'd better lower your expectations and get used to the Rhode Island way. It took these geniuses 15 years to build a bridge over the Barrington River. It took so long that the temporary asphalt had to be repaved. Twice. Now, when do you think you'll get your license?

Old 10-08-2017, 05:05 PM

9,288 posts, read 14,892,417 times
Quote:
The DMV has been recently overhauled and is much streamlined and responsive. Why just give them a call and ask? I have had zero issues with renewing my license- don't believe the ridiculous negativity spouted here.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM

2,811 posts, read 2,180,717 times
State of Rhode Island: Division of Motor Vehicles: License Renewal

If you have not received your permanent driver's license and it has been over 45 days from obtaining a temporary one please call (401) 462-5862 to inquire if the license has been returned to the DMV Cranston headquarters.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
State of Rhode Island: Division of Motor Vehicles: License Renewal

If you have not received your permanent driver's license and it has been over 45 days from obtaining a temporary one please call (401) 462-5862 to inquire if the license has been returned to the DMV Cranston headquarters.
Wow, 45 days....wasn’t expecting that. Ok, I guess I can stop thinking it’s going to show up any day now. Thanks for the link.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetoid View Post
I don't know where you're from or why you're here, but you've come to a very strange place indeed. You'd better lower your expectations and get used to the Rhode Island way. It took these geniuses 15 years to build a bridge over the Barrington River. It took so long that the temporary asphalt had to be repaved. Twice. Now, when do you think you'll get your license?
It doesn’t really matter where I’m coming from. My girlfriend and I chose to live here (and hopefully raise our daughter) because it offered a lot of the things we held dear - Proximity to the water, amenities within a short driving distance, minimal traffic and friendly people. We’ve been here almost two months and so far, we love it. Now, that could all change after a few winters and as we get into more of a routine but we’re bullish on this place so far!

Old 10-09-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t really matter where I’m coming from. My girlfriend and I chose to live here (and hopefully raise our daughter) because it offered a lot of the things we held dear - Proximity to the water, amenities within a short driving distance, minimal traffic and friendly people. We’ve been here almost two months and so far, we love it. Now, that could all change after a few winters and as we get into more of a routine but we’re bullish on this place so far!
How's your car's suspension?

Old 10-10-2017, 04:29 AM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Planetoid, why don't you try being helpful and actually answer the question, since you have the information. The guy asked a simple enough question. How long did it take you to receive your driver's license?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Planetoid, why don't you try being helpful and actually answer the question, since you have the information. The guy asked a simple enough question. How long did it take you to receive your driver's license?
I gave him the best answer that he's gonna get with my first teply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island