Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 11:41 PM

17,084 posts, read 8,755,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teal View Post
They have been accepting credit cards for a very long time.
I had my doubts about the CVS story too.
Originally a DJ I knew that worked other events told me about it.
Then when I was 21 I had a friend that was desperate to make a car payment so her car wouldn't get repossessed. She entered herself in "amateur night" where one stage performer would win $500.00.
She begged me and a guy friend to go and root her on because she was scared.
We weren't thrilled about it but we went because we were scared for her and there was no talking her out of it.
A different DJ was working. Not the one I knew. He kept making the CVS announcements just like the other DJ told me about.
Since me and my guy friend were just friends and not on a date we had separate bills.
I ordered chicken fingers and a beer.
He got what ever he got.
My chicken fingers were six or seven dollars, then the draft beer and tip came to 13 dollars and change.
When me and my guy friend got our statements mine said that I spent 13 dollars and change at CVS the night that I went to the Foxy Lady and his said he spent whatever he spent at CVS too. Neither of us went to CVS that night. It was the exact amount that we spent at the Foxy Lady.
So I know it's true.
We both laughed so hard that it actually said CVS on our statements instead of the Foxy Lady. But we were both a little creeped out about it too.
So CVS should be investigated as well.
And there is no way the Foxy Lady can last as a bar unless it's a front for something else crooked.

I have no doubt that at one time Foxy Lady purchases showed up as CVS purchases because I saw it with my own eyes after I heard the announcements with my own ears.
If an investigation into this ever takes place and it's possible for the bank that I was using to retrieve those statements I would gladly submit them along with my testimony that I never went to CVS that night and that the money that shows up as being spent at CVS was actually spent at the Foxy Lady.
I can prove that I was at the Foxy Lady that night since one of the girls on the stage can verify that I was there.
And if this is investigated many many many others can do the same.
CVS is sketchy just like the Foxy Lady.
They had some sort of crooked partnership going on.
I heard about it, then I witnessed it.
It's not just a bar. It's a strip club like it always has been. The only difference now is the VIP room downstairs is closed.

It's possible that the Foxy set up a business called CVS. It may have nothing to do with CVS Pharmacy.

The real business name for the Foxy Lady is Gulliver's Tavern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 01:08 AM

37 posts, read 31,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's not just a bar. It's a strip club like it always has been. The only difference now is the VIP room downstairs is closed.

It's possible that the Foxy set up a business called CVS. It may have nothing to do with CVS Pharmacy.

The real business name for the Foxy Lady is Gulliver's Tavern.
It will be just a bar.
It is possible that the Foxy Lady set up a business called CVS that stands for "city verifies sin" or something.
But it led the customers to believe it would be interpreted as a CVS pharmacy charge, which it was if you saw the statements. There is no way that CVS was unaware of this situation even if it was a different CVS so they should be investigated as well. And maybe they really were using CVS pharmacy based in Woonsocket RI as a cover like they claimed to be. It should be checked into. CVS should be investigated for possible involvement in criminal activity. If they had nothing to do with it why didn't they sue the Foxy Lady for using their name for this purpose? Any other company would have.

And what a weird coincidence that would be since they are twenty minutes away from each other. One would think that the Foxy Lady would have used UPS, IGA, NEP, etcetera as a cover instead if they had created a company to appear to be another company. Why use the one so close that they can easily catch wind of it and sue your a** off?

And CVS is definitely sketchy.
Do you want me to back that up too?
Because I can.
Would you like a criminal profile on some of their employees?

Last edited by Aqua Teal; 02-28-2019 at 01:25 AM..

Old 02-28-2019, 01:57 AM

Quote:
It will be just a bar.
No reason to believe that's an accurate statement.

Quote:
It is possible that the Foxy Lady set up a business called CVS that stands for "city verifies sin" or something.
Yes, it's very possible...and likely. These are shady people, not stupid people.

Quote:
But it led the customers to believe it would be interpreted as a CVS pharmacy charge, which it was if you saw the statements.
It said Pharmacy?

Quote:
There is no way that CVS was unaware of this situation even if it was a different CVS so they should be investigated as well.
Are you a disgruntled former employee of CVS?

Quote:
And maybe they really were using CVS pharmacy based in Woonsocket RI as a cover like they claimed to be. It should be checked into.
Unlikely.

Quote:
CVS should be investigated for possible involvement in criminal activity. If they had nothing to do with it why didn't they sue the Foxy Lady for using their name for this purpose? Any other company would have.And what a weird coincidence that would be since they are twenty minutes away from each other. One would think that the Foxy Lady would have used UPS, IGA, NEP, etcetera as a cover instead if they had created a company to appear to be another company. Why use the one so close that they can easily catch wind of it and sue your a** off?
Again, did it say Pharmacy on the bill? If not, I doubt there's an issue - provided the Foxy Lady has a business called CVS.

Quote:
And CVS is definitely sketchy.
Do you want me to back that up too?
Because I can.
Would you like a criminal profile on some of their employees?
Nah, that's ok.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
No reason to believe that's an accurate statement.

Yes, it's very possible...and likely. These are shady people, not stupid people.

It said Pharmacy?

Are you a disgruntled former employee of CVS?

Unlikely.

Again, did it say Pharmacy on the bill? If not, I doubt there's an issue - provided the Foxy Lady has a business called CVS.

Nah, that's ok.

It will be just a bar. So you are going to be limited to only seeing boobies online soon.
It appeared exactly how an actual CVS purchase would appear on a statement. So point not proven on your end.
I did shop at CVS at the time and I compared the charges to see if there appeared to be a difference in who was charging me. There was no difference. It appeared to be the same establishment.
"Shady people not stupid people" ????????
If they were smart why didn't they use a business that was more then twenty minutes away to avoid getting their a**es sued? Oh because that business was either in on it or looked the other way in exchange for a pay out.
Nope, I would never lower myself to be a CVS employee so I'm definately not a disgruntled ex employee.
People look down on CVS employees.
"Nah that's ok" ??????? Well then I will definately be addressing that when I am more alert and not too lazy to be as descriptive as possible.

Last edited by Aqua Teal; 02-28-2019 at 02:52 AM..

Old 02-28-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
It will be just a bar. So you are going to be limited to only seeing boobies online soon.
I doubt it will be just a bar. But, if that were to happen, anyone could just go to the Cadillac Lounge. It's like 2 minutes away from the Foxy. Or, if looking to slum it, Fantasies is about 5 minutes away.

Quote:
It appeared exactly how an actual CVS purchase would appear on a statement. So point not proven on your end. I did shop at CVS at the time and I compared the charges to see if there appeared to be a difference in who was charging me. There was no difference. It appeared to be the same establishment.

Without a photo, nothing is proven on your end either.

Quote:
"Shady people not stupid people" ????????
If they were smart why didn't they use a business that was more then twenty minutes away to avoid getting their a**es sued? Oh because that business was either in on it or looked the other way in exchange for a pay out.
A lot of speculation there.

Quote:
Nope, I would never lower myself to be a CVS employee so I'm definately not a disgruntled ex employee.
People look down on CVS employees.
Ok. And I wasn't aware that people look down on CVS employees.

Quote:
"Nah that's ok" ??????? Well then I will definately be addressing that when I am more alert and not too lazy to be as descriptive as possible.

Alright.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:44 AM

8,371 posts, read 4,429,712 times
Ridiculous. I very much think this is an urban legend myth and CVS Health has never been in any way associated with the Foxy Lady Strip Club. The Foxy Lady probably set up a dba name with the bank credit card processors that was similar to CVS so as to be discrete and fool spouses.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Ridiculous. I very much think this is an urban legend myth and CVS Health has never been in any way associated with the Foxy Lady Strip Club. The Foxy Lady probably set up a dba name with the bank credit card processors that was similar to CVS so as to be discrete and fool spouses.
Yep.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:45 PM

164 posts, read 122,969 times
How did your friend do, after that writeup was waiting to here she won...then hopefully shut it down forever.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I doubt it will be just a bar. But, if that were to happen, anyone could just go to the Cadillac Lounge. It's like 2 minutes away from the Foxy. Or, if looking to slum it, Fantasies is about 5 minutes away.

Without a photo, nothing is proven on your end either.

A lot of speculation there.

Ok. And I wasn't aware that people look down on CVS employees.

Alright.

Why would I need a photo when I can retrieve the bank statements?

I'm not from RI, I do not live in RI, but I am familiar with the place. I ended up in this section because I have questions about the show "caught in Providence" because something seems off about it.
And yes, CVS employees in that area have a townie trash stigma attached to them. Like factory workers in the mid west that settle for working at the factory in their area.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Why would I need a photo when I can retrieve the bank statements?
I meant a picture of the bank statement showing that it says CVS Pharmacy.

Quote:
I'm not from RI, I do not live in RI, but I am familiar with the place. I ended up in this section because I have questions about the show "caught in Providence" because something seems off about it.
Caught in Providence was a show on a local access cable channel for many years. The show wasn't making any money until recently when national stations picked it up for syndication. What seems off? Frank Caprio is too nice to some people?

Quote:
And yes, CVS employees in that area have a townie trash stigma attached to them. Like factory workers in the mid west that settle for working at the factory in their area.
Not in my experience.

Interesting that you're not from this area but you know about the Foxy Lady. Are you a stripper that hates CVS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island