Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 PM

63 posts, read 67,312 times

Advertisements

Two different states

Looked at South Shore Village in S Kingstown and Sawyer's Reach in Plymouth. both are 55+ and have units that I like in my price range.

I do like the units better in South Shore Village (detached condo homes) better than the third floor condo in Sawyer's Reach, but Sawyer's I like the location better - not as remote and a bit more accessible to Boston (I like to travel a lot). I like to have a town to go to daily (coffee shops, library, restaurants) as I'm retired and single - its part of a social life gets me out of the house w S kingstown I would have a 10 minutes drive. I guess that's not bad.

Unless one state is better than the other to live in. Money on taxes etc not a problem for me.

I currently live in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. not a cheap place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 05:53 AM

9,285 posts, read 14,890,077 times
I assume the third floor condo has elevator access? If not, then that's a major consideration for aging (obviously).

South Kingstown is very accessible to Providence and Boston by train. Shorter drive to Wickford Village or Mystic Village in Ct.
Plymouth is served by the MBTA.

If money is not a major object, then it seems that your choice is going to come down to what you like best. There are other nice options as well.

Have you looked at this one? Gorgeous water views. Villages on Mount Hope Bay Waterfront Homes Providence Boston Newport
Short drive to Newport or Bristol.

In my neighborhood, if you have the dough, you might go here- it's in a woodsy setting but very walkable and 3 min to shops and restaurants and all Providence has to offer. https://www.laurelmead.com

If it were me and I were single, I'd just buy a condo in a town- not necessarily in a retirement complex- since they are often built where there is (was) more land. But not 'til I'm 75+.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island