Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,996,278 times

Advertisements

Well Italian pizza is not done in the form of pizza strips. I just meant if you go to Italy, you will seldom find cheese on a pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,649,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
Well Italian pizza is not done in the form of pizza strips. I just meant if you go to Italy, you will seldom find cheese on a pizza.
Really? Oh man. I don't consider that pizza. I consider it a trick, much like butter cookies!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM

203 posts, read 496,051 times
I can't believe someone doesn't like pizza strips. Until now.

If you get 'em all dried out and too thick -- yeah they're just horrible.

It's possible you've just had bad ones only.

Go to Buono's in Johnston. You'll change your mind. I swear.

Nobody mentioned Tommy's Pizza on Chalkstone Ave. The best in RI but go before dark.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 AM

257 posts, read 1,334,931 times
The best pizza strips are DePetrillo's FYI.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,417,348 times
BTW, Tommy's Pizza is supposed to be opening on Oaklawn Ave in Cranston - at the former site of Barney's bagels.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:42 AM

7 posts, read 37,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvGuy View Post
The best pizza strips are DePetrillo's FYI.
I beg to differ. Sal's bakery on Chalkstone Ave has, by far, the best pizza strips around.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM

280 posts, read 1,221,585 times
Well I just moved to RI and wanted to try a pizza from Caserta's since reading this thread and OMG it was soooo good! I actually had a slice of spinach stuffed pizza at Palmieri's Bakery last week and that was awesome too, and I just have to add Costantino's Venda Ravioli (they have more then just pizza) is like walking into another world, I went there 3 times the first 5 days I was here

Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 PM

179 posts, read 1,208,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INNYRI View Post
That's usually referred to as "bakery pizza" or "pizza strips". I'd never heard of such a thing when we moved here, but my kids have grown to love it, and I enjoy them too! Pizza strips are served cold, btw.
We call it "party pizza" ... don't you guys call it that? I love cheese (extra calories i know but it's pizza so you might as well anyway!) and I just don't think pizza is right w/o it! Yes but it's common in RI...Daves and Stop & Shop have tons of it.

I'm going to say Caserta's on Federal Hill in Providence is the best. Yum! Frank & Johns in East Greenwich is good too. You can't really go wrong w/pizza here...we know our pizzas...stay away from all the chains and you will be set

Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM

179 posts, read 1,208,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue64 View Post
Well I just moved to RI and wanted to try a pizza from Caserta's since reading this thread and OMG it was soooo good! I actually had a slice of spinach stuffed pizza at Palmieri's Bakery last week and that was awesome too, and I just have to add Costantino's Venda Ravioli (they have more then just pizza) is like walking into another world, I went there 3 times the first 5 days I was here
Agreed...the pizza from Venda Ravioli is REALLY good too!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM

166 posts, read 705,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
When I was in Italy I noticed most of the pizza had blotches of mozzarella here and there, but not completely covered the way most American pizzas are. If you've had the Margharita pizza at Bertucci's, then it's pretty similar.

Personally, I think the Greek pizza joints make better pies than the Italian pizza joints... I know those are fightin' words in RI, but just a personal opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island