Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,505 times

Advertisements

I just read in the "Crime Summary" or whatever you call it in Newport This Week newspaper about the numerous arrests this past weekend of people drinking alchohol on public beaches.

Wow! I didn't know that you can't drink booze on beaches in RI? I guess I'm not real surprised, and I don't drink hardly at all myself, but thank god I didn't innocently try to have a beer while I was at the beach !!

Folks, these people were handcuffed and taken to jail overnight just for having a few boozy drinks on the beach during summertime!

This just further proves my point, say whatever you want about Rhode Island, but one thing is undeniable: Rhode Island is a police-state with draconian laws most of which are blatantly un-Constitutional.

What's kinda funny is that in other states with similar laws, the police would show up and say, "Do you know that's against the law? You guys need to put that booze away or leave right now."

When the cops say something like that in Rhode Island, locals here are such grumpy in-your-face northeasterners that they immediately yell a very nasty reply to the cops, something like: "F*&k off and die, Pigs".

Then of course they are all brutally handcuffed and go to jail.

But I guess when you live in a overbearing police-state like RI, you do tend to get kinda grumpy all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 PM

564 posts, read 1,880,078 times
Well, you wouldn't want anyone to actually enjoy themselves, would you?

No buckle your seatbelt or we'll stop you for that and search your car without permission- violating a law like that is reason enough, peasant.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:56 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,874 times
Move to Florida! There they don't even make you wear a motorcycle helmet! You can die like a jackass, it's the American way! haha

Oh, they do electrocute people to death though. Maybe a tad more draconian? Too bad 1 out of 7 of those people turns out to be innocent.

P.S. You'd be hard up to find a state where cops don't haul your ass in if you tell them to "*uck off". If you think otherwise you're in fantasy land.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 AM

190 posts, read 650,383 times
funny enough, people forget that the bill of rights and the constitution were written to limit the power of the government. yet, they pass any law they want.

a few hundred years ago, we fought for our independents from England. today, England is more liberal and in better shape financially. happy 4th

i know it sounds like im getting off subject here for a minute, but when will it end? when are people going to stand up and say " if i want to drink on the beach, im going to!!! " enough is enough. no one gets hurt from this. i understand no drinking and driving. but no drinking and tanning? c'mon now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island