U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 12,637 times
Default Televised Football games in RI

I just moved to Providence, RI and with the football season beginning next week I grew curious of what teams are televised. I know NBC and ESPN televise Sunday and Monday Night Football but what / how many games does FOX and CBS show each weekend? It seems as though the Patriots are the team of Providence but do they show two AFC and two NFC games each sunday?

To go along with this topic - Are there any bars/places that televise all the games?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:38 PM

280 posts, read 782,389 times
I am new to RI myself, so I can only tell you what I think..there are alot of bars downtown, but I'm 100% sure that every bar that has a TV in RI will definately have the Patriot games on....On every TV...that's just my guess....I don't blame them, their team plays great football...

Last edited by sue64; 08-31-2008 at 09:15 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM

54 posts, read 149,142 times
You will find Football at every bar or pub that has a TV. I would usually go to someone house to watch a game if I could not make it in person. Daves bar and grill in warwick is pretty cool (good food, contests, and tvs). Most people there are in their 20's and 30's. Other then the Pats, they will sometimes air NY teams or a random good game. For college, they air Boston College.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:41 PM

819 posts, read 1,134,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend2099 View Post
I just moved to Providence, RI and with the football season beginning next week I grew curious of what teams are televised. I know NBC and ESPN televise Sunday and Monday Night Football but what / how many games does FOX and CBS show each weekend? It seems as though the Patriots are the team of Providence but do they show two AFC and two NFC games each sunday?

To go along with this topic - Are there any bars/places that televise all the games?
Most sports bars will have multiple games. Hooters, Dave's, etc. On regular(non cable) and local cable they will show 4 games every Sunday, 2 AFC and 2 NFC. This is subject to black outs, but all Pats games are sold out. Providence is the closest city to Foxboro and has been the host city for the Pats for NFC playoff games. Most away teams fly into Providence and stay downtown before the Sunday game. The Pats also fly out of T.F. Green with rare exceptions.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 12,637 times
Im really interested in Miami v NY Jets this weekend but they play at 1:00, same time as the Patriots, so I feel as though there is a slim chance I'll be able to catch it anywhere. I was hoping that a DaveBusters-like place may host multiple games using DirectTV's NFL Ticket. A few bars/restaraunts had it in Albany, NY so I had my fingers crossed for something similar here. I'll try to check-out some places before sunday to find out. Thanks a lot for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island