Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,989,331 times

Advertisements

Wrong. Wavehunter already demonstrated in another thread that Rhode Island gets more sun than most states, and far more than upstate New York. I'd link to it but I can't remember which thread it's in.

He actually displayed a graph which showed sunlight in January, and Rhode Island got more sun than the entire midwest, most of the Northeast, and even some of California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,694,207 times
Well I hate to hijack my own thread (OK, not really....) but here is the latest USA air quality report from the American Lung Association: State of the Air: 2009 Report -- American Lung Association

They say Boulder County's (Colorado) air is cleaner than both Washington and Kent County, Rhode Island.

That may be technically true but this report reveals some of the problems inherent in interpreting scientific studies and communicating them to the public effectively and accurately.

In Boulder County the more rural mountain areas and eastern plains have quite clean air. But most people in Boulder County live in and around the city of Boulder. The city of Boulder and surrounding communities (Louisville, Lafayette, Longmont) are in an enclosed valley and their is terrible automobile pollution in the Boulder Valley air, as well as toxic industrial pollution from Denver which drifts over and down into the Boulder Valley.

I guarantee you that absolutely nowhere in Rhode Island is the air as unhealthful as in the City of Boulder.

I don't think rating air quality by county is very smart. They need to really break it down city by city and town by town.

Yup, it's those little details again....

Old 05-18-2009, 06:00 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

They whole USA is absolutely roasting, even in Minnesota and North Dakota.

What is RI doing? 40's and endless rain and gloom!

We have NOT had 10 days in 2009 where the temp got above 60.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH H!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM

You're right we haven't had 10. We've had about 50.

Do you live in a Rhode Island in another dimension or something?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM

By the way, you'll be happy to know the weather is going to be warm for the rest of the week; today was an aberration.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:37 PM

Yeah, today is real nice. Paradise!

But if you can get more than one day a week like this in RI (except for June, July, August) it's a bona fide miracle....

Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM

156 posts, read 438,076 times
Really? September and October are gorgeous around here.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
Yeah, today is real nice. Paradise!

But if you can get more than one day a week like this in RI (except for June, July, August) it's a bona fide miracle....
Look at the forecast. It's only getting warmer.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Rnrboy, about how far from the water do you spend most of your waking hours??

For me it's a mile or less. There is more wind, and the wind here always has a wind chill of anywhere from 6 - 16 dF.

Today is nice, low 70's. Yes, September and October are nice here, although October is pushing it.

I take it back about yesterday though. I went on a late afternoon 3 hr bike ride, and the temperature averaged 53dF with high wind and about 6dF wind chill, so it was 40's and chilly in late May!! Guess what, I was dressed warmly as always and had a nice ride. So glad I don't have to lie to myself about the RI weather though.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:56 PM

I do live inland.

Now answer me this: Why would you continue to say "Rhode Island is too cold!" when want you really mean is "It's too cold along the coast!"

Either way, I'll remind you that Denver had a massive snowstorm last month, coastal (none of) Rhode Island did. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island