Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 AM

202 posts, read 1,072,735 times

Advertisements

This was recently on tv and found 2 brothers on this list.
Frank Caprio: Office of the General Treasurer: Search Unclaimed Property (http://www.treasury.ri.gov/unclaimedproperty/search.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM

55 posts, read 353,027 times
Default Found My Name

Hey thanks for printing the link. I live in AZ now but I read the Providence Journal and Woonsocket Call almost daily.

I went to the site and what do you know, my name was on the list three times so I emailed them for more info.

It will be interesting to see what I got coming to me, in a good way.

About 4 years ago I found my name on the list and an insurance company owned me over $400.

Again, thanks.

flagstaffgal

Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Location: The State of Rhode Island, Presented by Dunkin' Donuts
115 posts, read 376,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffgal View Post
Hey thanks for printing the link. I live in AZ now but I read the Providence Journal and Woonsocket Call almost daily.

I went to the site and what do you know, my name was on the list three times so I emailed them for more info.

It will be interesting to see what I got coming to me, in a good way.

About 4 years ago I found my name on the list and an insurance company owned me over $400.

Again, thanks.

flagstaffgal
When did you move to Flag? My wife and I lived there from 1999-2006, when we moved to Providence! We still own a piece of land, northeast of town off Highway 89 in Timberline, which we're trying to sell... but I'm not holding my breath....

Urb

Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 AM

Default Flagstaff

Hi there, sorry I didn't see your post till now. I still haven't heard anything from the state so I went looking for this old post to find a phone number to call them.

What a small world. We moved here in October of '02. We live in Elk Run on the Aspen Valley Golf Course.

I am familiar with Timberline. Dang it's more windy there than in town. It has been a horrible spring as far as temps and the wind go.

Until today we have been mainly in the 60's and just hitting 40's in the past week at night.

There is very little I miss in RI other than fresh seafood and friends.

I lived in North Smithfield for 46 years until we relocated here.

I will let you know how I make out with the money I am owed.

Take care

Old 06-23-2009, 04:56 AM

774 posts, read 2,368,048 times
I was born and raised in Slatersville....now that's a name even a lot of Rhode Islanders don't recognize.

Mikey

Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Slatersville

Um Mickey, I was born and raised in Slatersville, right smack dab in the middle on Greene Street across from Kendall Dean School...

I am wondering what Mickey you might be...lol.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:41 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,378,846 times
Quote:
Um Mickey, I was born and raised in Slatersville, right smack dab in the middle on Greene Street across from Kendall Dean School...

I am wondering what Mickey you might be...lol.
Only in RI! I live in NC, however:
1. Went to a Christmas Eve open house at my neighbors this past winter. Met a couple originally from Warwick who graduated from Pilgrim HS with my younger sister!
2. Recently met a woman from VA - originally from RI who was and still is best friends with a woman I used to work with.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Location: The State of Rhode Island, Presented by Dunkin' Donuts
115 posts, read 376,292 times
Default Flagstaff -> Providence

Quote:
What a small world. We moved here in October of '02. We live in Elk Run on the Aspen Valley Golf Course... I am familiar with Timberline. Dang it's more windy there than in town. It has been a horrible spring as far as temps and the wind go.
Timberline was windy -- but the tradeoff was that we got a lot less snow than most of Flag, because it's in the shadow of Mt. Elden.

Meanwhile, it seems like there's one thing Flagstaff and Providence have in common: No jobs.

Urb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island