Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,095 times

Advertisements

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Survey: Coloradans drinking less, smoking more

Your recreational drug report for Thursday, June 4th.

Okay, apparently Coloradans are spending less money on booze and toking more on the ganja pipes, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health.

The surveys also notes that "8.1 percent of the U.S. population 12 or older used illegal drugs in the previous month, down slightly from the previous two-year measure. Iowa had the lowest estimate, at 5.2 percent, and Rhode Island had the highest, 12.5 percent."

An attorney in Newport told me that in RI, the police/gov't/authorities "take marijuana use seriously". A single joint can get you thrown in jail, etc.

Funny thing is, you can't throw a rock in RI without hitting a spare bag of marijuana. It's just hard to get the "crippler chronic" High Times centerfold quality ganja in RI. In Colorado, every fifth house has a top-quality marijuana grow garden to supply the neighborhood.

So for all the RI "war on drugs" law enforcement effort, all they've really done is make "Mexican weed" ubiquitous and "kind buds" a rarity. Not an impressive track record to say the least.....

Last edited by POhdNcrzy; 06-04-2009 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: It all comes up Narragansett Bay on boats, baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 PM

202 posts, read 1,075,363 times
We're number 1 and anyway I believe it's mostly from Canada.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM

Location: The State of Rhode Island, Presented by Dunkin' Donuts
115 posts, read 377,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
So for all the RI "war on drugs" law enforcement effort, all they've really done is make "Mexican weed" ubiquitous and "kind buds" a rarity. Not an impressive track record to say the least.....
Probably on account of pot makes you stupid. Just sayin'.

Urb

Old 06-05-2009, 12:18 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,408 times
So now Colorado has better weed too.

Would you move already? haha

Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 PM

Well I hate to keep my own thread going (okay not really), but check out this local news item from Woonsocket:

Woonsocket man charged with illegal sale of cigarettes - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal (http://newsblog.projo.com/2009/06/woonsocket-stor.html - broken link)

I have two comments about this incident.

After the latest big cigarette price hike came through RI a couple of months or so ago, hiking the price per pack up to a whopping $8+, I thought to myself, okay at these price points a big black market industry in cigarettes is gonna crop up posthaste. Nice how we're headed right back to a surreal sorta repeat of bootleg Prohibition days to go along with our latent Great Depression Part II. It goes to show, that while there may be a new generation of naive citizen fools born every few years, there is a generation of foolish legislators unknowingly intent on reliving history's follies that passes through in cyclical fashion as well.

Folks people in RI need to make a buck and feed their families somehow. With the right mix of hopeless desperation and ample monetary reward on offer, people will turn to petty crimes to bring some money through the door. I'm sure it played out that the cops got on to Mr. Le's marijuana dealing and in the course of investigating that, they somehow sniffed out or stumbled upon the black market cigarette business. As for the marijuana bust, the Rhode Island cops and DEA can go through the motions and enforce the marijuana laws as best they can, but it's no more successful an interdiction than if the cops were ordered to confiscate all the flounder caught in Narragansett Bay....

Last edited by POhdNcrzy; 06-19-2009 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Snip, snip...snip.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Hey, look what the stoners around Boston are up to:

Pot Law Leaves Cops High & Dry (http://www.mpp.org/states/massachusetts/news/pot-law-leaves-cops-high.html - broken link)

Ha hah! Crazy Mass. weedhounds indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island