U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,740,289 times
and bridgeport, new haven, new london...CT is just chock full of stellar cities.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM

20 posts, read 68,873 times
Hey pal, I lived in RI for many years before crossing the border to CT. Believe me, I felt safer having my kids grow up here than in RI, especially the Blackstone Valley area, than anywhere else.

Now that's the end of the story.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM

59 posts, read 101,722 times
OK, really, who would want the commute if you didn't need it?? Especially in the winter! Yikes! There are plenty of areas to live AROUND Providence, keep your commute to a minimum (or use public transportation--now there's a thought!) and be safe. Barrington is only 15 minutes away and are you really telling me that the Blackstone Valley schools are better?
Plus...Warwick?? Really?? I thiink if there was any crime in Warwick, I could take them out with an aerosol can and a lighter.
Not to mention the fact, you move to RI to be close to the water. Why would you want to put yourself a good hour away from the beach? Increase your driving time again?
Just my two cents--not like anyone was asking.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM

20 posts, read 68,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediet View Post
OK, really, who would want the commute if you didn't need it?? Especially in the winter! Yikes! There are plenty of areas to live AROUND Providence, keep your commute to a minimum (or use public transportation--now there's a thought!) and be safe. Barrington is only 15 minutes away and are you really telling me that the Blackstone Valley schools are better?
Plus...Warwick?? Really?? I thiink if there was any crime in Warwick, I could take them out with an aerosol can and a lighter.
Not to mention the fact, you move to RI to be close to the water. Why would you want to put yourself a good hour away from the beach? Increase your driving time again?
Just my two cents--not like anyone was asking.
I'm not saying that the Blackstone Valley schools are better than the ones in Barrington. By all means, Barrington is a much wealthier community than any of the town that make up the BV.

Whatever....

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 AM

72 posts, read 168,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSpy View Post
I'm honestly at a loss trying to imagine what they tell people who call in with stuff like that.
They just told me they would work on it. Funny, I haven't heard about any breaks in the case, yet

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,893,825 times
Cranston was the 25th safest city in America last year. But honestly, I'm still waiting to see some statistics from the other side on this about how out of control Rhode Island's overall crime rate is.

*crickets*

That's what I thought.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:56 PM

109 posts, read 212,562 times
Hi guys! I just needed some last minute advice. Here is the question: Im thinking about renting from "Landings" in middletown and was just wondering if anyone had an horror stories or good referrals from that place. Im just about to sign the paperwork and just wanted to make sure this isnt too good to be true. Its about $1900 a month but ALL utilities except cable and internet is included and has a private backyard which I absolutely need for my two dogs and its about 1600 square feet which is enough for us to move around in. Is it too good to be true? Is the backyard absolutely tiny? Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2009, 10:05 PM

688 posts, read 1,260,524 times
Hmm, are those the places on Lake Erie Street? They are allright I guess but certainly nothing much to write home about. The backyards are fenced in I believe, you get a little shed and enough lawn to park four cars on if you'd be so inclined. $1900 seems a bit steep for those, utilities or not. How long's the lease term?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:52 AM

109 posts, read 212,562 times
I think your right. Im glad you wrote back and reconfirmed my thoughts. Im pushing the limits now, I have until the 8th of August to find something now, lol. Thats ok. There are plenty of places around that price range Im sure I can find (Im trying to stay positive). Its just a hard to find a place when I cant view it. Ahhh, very irritating. Thanks Germanspy.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,818,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgecopper View Post
Hi guys! I just needed some last minute advice. Here is the question: Im thinking about renting from "Landings" in middletown and was just wondering if anyone had an horror stories or good referrals from that place. Im just about to sign the paperwork and just wanted to make sure this isnt too good to be true. Its about $1900 a month but ALL utilities except cable and internet is included and has a private backyard which I absolutely need for my two dogs and its about 1600 square feet which is enough for us to move around in. Is it too good to be true? Is the backyard absolutely tiny? Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

They are small. The area used to be 100% Navy Housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island