U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-20-2009, 04:21 PM

5 posts, read 19,833 times
Default Feedback on North Providence

Hi,
We are moving to RI, and we just saw a beautiful single family house in North Providence in the Fruit HIll section. The street seems real nice, but can anyone give me some feedback on N. Providence as a neighborhood to live? Crime... attitudes... culture? We have three children under the age of six and want to make the right move. I recognize it is the city and we need to take out precautions, but it seems old-fashioned and blue collar, which I like. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 AM

3,818 posts, read 4,760,918 times
NP is known for its large population of Italians, although today they are probably being supplanted by other groups. Fruit Hill has a reputation as being a nice area. I would say your impression of old fashioned/old world is about right.

School and crime info is available on line.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:36 PM

5 posts, read 19,833 times
Thanks Holly

Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM

17 posts, read 31,704 times
North Providence is very nice.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 AM

385 posts, read 776,923 times
My brother lives there with his family and they like it pretty well. Not sure how good schools are, but it's a safe area.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 PM

6 posts, read 12,241 times
North Providence is heavily Italian. It is a nice city, and a great place for kids. Very safe, little crime. The Fruit Hill area is among the best in NP. Good Luck!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:07 AM

110 posts, read 199,789 times
Fruit Hill is very nice. Was riding out from the city down Smith Street the other day (it's right on the bus line) and it brought back old memories. My college roommate lived in the Fruit Hill neighborhood - a couple of streets over from Our Lady of Fatima Hospital. North Providence High School and NP Library, as well as tons of stores, etc. aren't too far away on the Mineral Spring Ave "strip".

They turned my old highschool, St. Patricks on Woonasquatucket Avenue, into an elementary school, I think. Not sure if it is faith-based. Probably associated with St. Lawrence across the street, but not sure.

Last edited by bethmarywhite; 09-09-2009 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: clarity - what else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island