Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 12:10 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,658,654 times

Advertisements

Hello all...HELP!!
we are looking for a one bedroom apt in the East Providence, Seekonk, Riverside area. Or other areas we don't know. Hubby (55 yrs old) is going to attend MTTI starting Sept 28. this is thru the career center (unemployment office) and they will be paying the rent. His company closed after opening a plant overseas so he is entitled to re-education.
Anyone have a nice all enclusive apartment for rent or know of one?? We have done the review search and know that Winchester Apt are not good...would love to have an apartment in a home vs a highrise but at this point what ever!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 AM

9,241 posts, read 14,791,278 times
Look on the East Side of Providence- you would be 5 min. from MTTI.
Try Wayland Manor Apartments or The Ambassador Apts. Both include heat I believe. Also, I like the Rumford Center Lofts in Rumford, East Providence. They would be your best choice if you want upscale modern features. The former 2 choices are older buildings.

If you would rather come and look around (a good idea!), I suggest staying in the Extended Stay in Seekonk or at the Johnson and Wales Inn in Seekonk,MA. Either would give you a good base to look for apts in the surrounding area.

(East Providence RI borders Seekonk, MA)

Old 09-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Look on the East Side of Providence- you would be 5 min. from MTTI.
Try Wayland Manor Apartments or The Ambassador Apts. Both include heat I believe. Also, I like the Rumford Center Lofts in Rumford, East Providence. They would be your best choice if you want upscale modern features. The former 2 choices are older buildings.

If you would rather come and look around (a good idea!), I suggest staying in the Extended Stay in Seekonk or at the Johnson and Wales Inn in Seekonk,MA. Either would give you a good base to look for apts in the surrounding area.

(East Providence RI borders Seekonk, MA)
OMG!! thank you soooo much...our search did not turn up the mentioned apartment houses and I was looking for a place for us to stay and look around!!! thank you again

Old 09-11-2009, 05:42 PM

update here!!! thank you soooo much Hollytree!! we have ended up with an apartment in Wayland Manor as the manager was very accommodating. We will be very happy in this section of town...beautiful neighborhood...the building is older but very good karma!! thank you again and City Data members rock!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:38 PM

9,241 posts, read 14,791,278 times
Great! Wayland Manor is a wonderful location for what the East Side has to offer. Don't miss Water Fire while you're here! Hope you enjoy your stay in Providence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island