Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,669 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are going to spend the weekend of Oct 17 in Newport. I'm looking for recommendations for breakfast. We'd like some place where the locals go, not a Friendly's or IHOP style. I prefer a place that serves espresso drinks too. We'll be staying at the Hotel Viking, and walking distance would be a plus. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:03 PM

10 posts, read 37,035 times
I believe Ocean Coffee Roasters Cafe is within walking distance and I've had good breakfast there. If I remember correctly it's at the end of Thames near the Shell Station. Oh and the Coffee is great!
Ocean Coffee Roasters Cafe, Newport - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Everything is in walking distance in Newport, to me at least. You shouldn't have a hard time getting around or finding food, it's prettty compact. As far as locals go, I think most of them can only afford to eat at places like IHOP...hehehe. I spent a lot of time down there when I was younger in the "ghetto" sections of town, so my opinion my be off. I'm not trying to scare you!

Enjoy your stay

Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 AM

396 posts, read 1,398,803 times
Tripadvisor.com is really good for restaurant reviews in Npt. THere are tons of good places near your hotel. Ocean Coffee is ok but not a 'must eat' place.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Thank you both.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 PM

10 posts, read 37,035 times
I miss Ocean View....that place was such a pit, but it was great hangover food! LOL!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:03 PM

Ocean Coffee is definitely not swanky. But it was exactly what we wanted, and the coffee was superb!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 PM

32 posts, read 95,156 times
Annie's
176 Bellevue Avenue Newport, RI
Annie's is located near the Tennis Hall of Fame.

Quite small, so there may be a wait. Reasonably priced, nothing extravagant but cozy. You sit in a booth or at the small counter, you will need to be seated so get one of the girls attention about the wait as well. Parking is available across the street in a parkinglot(cant remember if its a pay lot)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island