Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 PM

102 posts, read 393,316 times

Advertisements

Holytree- So very sorry you are having water in your cellar. It can do a lot of damage very quickly --a dear friend of ours sustained $12,000 damage when three feet of water collected in their little cellar when a pipe suddenly burst just before Christmas. It was a finished room, carpets, electronics,clothes, sheetrock , furniture. They were visiting out of state for a few days and thats what they came home to.

We are the shore of a large lake in Warwick, but we are high and dry, while the lovely home next door is lower on the water and now completely inundated. Very, very sad indeed.

I haven't heard of the status of the big Villa del Rio apartment complex near Warwick Mall. Can anyone tell me ?? They are right on the river. If they were evacuaed they should have the National Guard guarding that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 06:01 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,899,623 times
Thanks for your words of concern Hoxsie.

Don't know about the Villa del Rio but here's a shot of Warwick Mall...

Rhode Island, Providence, news, sports, entertainment, ads | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,899,623 times
P.S.

Here's a good video with information on what disaster relief is available if you need it- home or business...

NBC 10 Interview: Sheldon Whitehouse | turnto10.com

Old 04-01-2010, 06:47 AM

44 posts, read 93,356 times
This is crazy! Glad I'm moving to RI. Too much drought here in GA! Is there much flooding in the western part of the state?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 AM

396 posts, read 1,398,054 times
Slater Mill was a sight last night; wish I had my camera.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:20 PM

The river and waterfall there is always dramatic, so must have been really something to behold supercharged with raging flood waters. I wish I could experience it with my family, but can't get up there.

We did drive up to the Pawtuxet River bridge and there must have been a hundred people taking pictures and videos of the river and falls from that observation point. We had to speak loudly to converse, competing with the roar of the water. Something to always remember.

Last edited by Hoxsie454; 04-01-2010 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: correct spelling.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 AM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
(Posting from my perch in Mass.)
The Warwick Animal Shelter was completely flooded. The animals are almost all fostered out (and they will be fostered for at least two months) but to clean up and get back into business, the shelter needs supplies, donations of goods and financial donations. I have had many good dealings/adoptions with the WEST Warwick Shelter and they've asked people to go to the new Facebook page for the Warwick Shelter if you want to offer some kind of help or a kind thought. Thanks for reading.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
These were just posted on a Railway site i use , this is bad......

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...odedtracks.jpg

http://imagestorage.nerail.org/photo...3471014126.jpg

http://imagestorage.nerail.org/photo...3530914412.jpg

There saying that NEC will reopen by late Monday or Tuesday , but the damage to ballast and tracks might push that back to Thursday

Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Time for ALL RHODE ISLANDERS to put an end to filling any more wet lands -- regardless of how convenient it may seem to drain and fill them, or how big a project may be involved. Our brooks, swamps, flood plains for little streams and lakes which buffer and drain away flood waters are just too important to all of us and it is high time we all tell our politicians NO MORE intrusions on any remaining wet lands, no matter how small. Just about all Rhode Islanders have family or friends who have been badly hurt by the floods. Charlestown and Westerly are still suffering flooded areas. Let DEM do its job without political interference.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 AM

564 posts, read 1,879,772 times
2 feet in my basement, I used my pool pump to empty it. Sadly, the water in the basement was level with the pond, so I had to wait for the pond to subside before I could truly empty the basement. Spent the last week gutting the moldy drywall....kids and wife sick from the mold too boot.

My employer has been very understanding and supportive, thankfully!

My BIL missed one day and was almost fired!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island