Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,495 times

Advertisements

Hey forum,

I'm moving to Richmond and will be going to grad school at VCU this fall. Could you categorize the bars by the typical patrons (typical age, type of 'scene'. etc) and by how busy they are as well as provide a basic description of the place. thanks!

Here's an incomplete list I've out together of bars in Richmond:

[URL="http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=14008528530715034327&q=bars&gl=us&hl=en& cd=1&cad=srcplink&ei=KwZCTKu8G6KANamh2OsP"]Shenanigans Eatery & Pub[/URL]
[URL="http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=10452825964296733468&q=bars&gl=us&hl=en& cd=2&cad=srcplink&ei=KwZCTKu8G6KANamh2OsP"]Northside Grille[/URL]
Sports Center of Richmond
Club Fuzion
Camel
Bandito's Burrito Lounge
Three Monkeys Bar and Grill
Athens Tavern
Martini Kitchen and Bubble Bar
Star-Lite Dining and Lounge
Garnett
Lucky Buddha Suchi Lounge and Bistro
Sine Irish Pub and Restaurant
Queen's Arms Pub
The Old City City Bar

I don't know how many of these even exist anymore. I just googled bars in Richmond and got these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 AM

370 posts, read 1,009,874 times
Here's is Style Weekly's annual bar guide. It can tell you more about most Richmond bars in less time than we could. Several of the bars you listed are no longer open or I've simply never heard of them. There are a couple good articles in there and click on the bar list to get the full list. If you have more questions afterward we'd be happy to help out.

http://styleweekly.com/ME2/dirmod.as...D31F6E82FB0F23

Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM

13 posts, read 21,587 times
Lucky Buddha is pretty strict on the door policy. I've been denied entry before. You have to wear the right look. The DJs can be awesome and, well, not so awesome. Its a trendy club rather than a bar.

Infuzion is also a trendy club. Havent been there myself. It recently reopened after being closed for like 8 months due to money woes. I heard they were deeply in debt and were forced to close because they couldnt afford to operate as a business. But theyre out of it now and people are going there again.

Sine is a pretty nice restaurant. Loud. With traditional Irish music and food. A kind of dressy casual restaurant, I'd say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond