Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 AM

72 posts, read 297,258 times

Advertisements

We live in walnut hill.. High street, grove ave in oldtowne are so pretty, it's a fun, artistic area in Oldtowne- lots of good places to eat, shop, drink. If you have kids you would avoid the public schools- St Joseph School is excellent, demanding, small student population, great teachers, staff. They provide military discounts.
Our house has never been touched but there is much poverty. Real estate is cheaper but you would expect that it may take longer to sell if you buy a house.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 AM

4 posts, read 14,692 times
I have kids and I would never consider living in Petersburg. Schools are horrible and it's a dump which is a shame b/c it could be very nice but with the exception of a few areas it is a poor city. Not to mention there is nothing of quality there. My grandfather retired from Fort Lee and lived in Prince George where i spent my whole childhood. I would recommend Prince George over Colonial Heights, it seems that Colonial Heights has declined over the last 10 years. Southpark mall is terrible. Prince George Schools are above average. Chesterfield county is a great growing area with much better infrastructure. Also their schools are above average. Chesterfield then Prince george would by two choices

Old 02-08-2011, 09:09 AM

68 posts, read 138,174 times
SouthPark Mall is terrible? Looks nice from the outside and just got new move theaters

Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM

68 posts, read 138,174 times
And yeah, Peterburg is like 80 percent black so you figure it out.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 AM

106 posts, read 263,345 times
never been in petersburg but been alittle through it i think petersburg is a step back in time probably 200 years, and it seems like its a a black area (but thats not sayin much cause richmond is too) so its probably not surrounded by smart individuals (i am african american) then it has weak south park mall havent been in 2 years but i can imagine how it is now probably more ghetto stores to fit the demographics of the area, hmm.... its has Virginia state U (trash college dumb HBCU) so the town probably has alot of ignorant kids around it, then it had richard bland (dumb college, more ignorant kids around the town) other then that i know nothing about petersburg careless though

Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,785,532 times
The above post has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read in my time on this forum. And I've been here for a while (check my join date).

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
never been in petersburg but been alittle through it i think petersburg is a step back in time probably 200 years, and it seems like its a a black area (but thats not sayin much cause richmond is too) so its probably not surrounded by smart individuals (i am african american) then it has weak south park mall havent been in 2 years but i can imagine how it is now probably more ghetto stores to fit the demographics of the area, hmm.... its has Virginia state U (trash college dumb HBCU) so the town probably has alot of ignorant kids around it, then it had richard bland (dumb college, more ignorant kids around the town) other then that i know nothing about petersburg careless though
You sound racist of your own kind. Sad! and by the way it looks like you could use some help from those kids at those dumb colleges!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
You sound racist of your own kind. Sad! and by the way it looks like you could use some help from those kids at those dumb colleges!
since im black i have to accept low standards and not get on these people? smh i would like to know what university u got ur degree from, dont get mad if i state the obvious they say truth hurts and right now its hurting

Old 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
since im black i have to accept low standards and not get on these people? smh i would like to know what university u got ur degree from, dont get mad if i state the obvious they say truth hurts and right now its hurting
Well im not black I am white so it dosnt really hurt me persay.. and to be honest I didnt finish college so I didnt get a degree anywhere if you must know. But I am also not on here making fun of perfectly fine colleges and universities.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Well im not black I am white so it dosnt really hurt me persay.. and to be honest I didnt finish college so I didnt get a degree anywhere if you must know. But I am also not on here making fun of perfectly fine colleges and universities.

thats cool but i dont find anything fine about vsu and richard bland though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond